Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Riding with musid

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

ketsugeppu
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:15 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Riding with musid Reply with quote

Since I’ve been riding to work the only thing I’ve missed is listening to me music, as that used to be the only chance I had to blast some tunes into my poor ear drums. Was considering getting me a new “em-pty-tree” player, however don’t really know how much this would effect the safety side of things considering 90% of my riding is done during London rush hour traffic.

Anyone here ride with their tunes? Or heard of bad accidents when someone has? Do tell.
____________________
Daddy or chips??
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bish777
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:20 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its no worse than someone driving with their stereo turned up? Hearing isnt particularly good when youve got your lid on anyways.

Listen to your tunes!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

innominate
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:51 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardest thing I find is getting the headphones to stay anywhere near your ears when putting your lid on :/
____________________
I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction, is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. Here I am the customs agent. I am the coast-guard. I am the sole legal and spiritual government of this territory, and only the laws I choose to enact within myself are applicable.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

carnislick
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 17 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:03 - 14 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea its safe really. on that note how do deaf people do their bike test???? no intercom etc

if u were really desperate buy a pair of craig david style earphones and embed them into the padding of ur helmet

Paul
____________________
Paul
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mr.z
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:27 - 14 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

innominate wrote:
Hardest thing I find is getting the headphones to stay anywhere near your ears when putting your lid on :/


If you stuff the ear piece in between the cheek pads and turn it up you can hear it fine...

As ive said numerous times, i just use the left side, no worse than haveing the sterio full blast and windows wound up, haveing said that its mainly for longer journeys...
____________________
>RidingSkills<->Tech Tips<->MyBikes<
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:47 - 14 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got some headphones that hook over your ears.

They stay in just fine.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 243 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.97 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 48.11 Kb