Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Been riding without a cbt..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Linesi77
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 19 Mar 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:52 - 10 May 2016    Post subject: Been riding without a cbt.. Reply with quote

I had no clue that my cbt expired last month and I've been riding everyday, I had a police car behind me today and didn't get pulled. How do the police find out if you have a cbt? Are the certifcates scanned and digitized? Or do you still have to do a producer..
____________________
R Lines
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

jpmiller
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 21 Mar 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:59 - 10 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

f you are stopped (for whatever reason) and the nice Police ask to see your licence, if you are on L plates, they will expect you to pull out your plastic provisional card licence AND your CBT certificate. No certificate equals no licence to ride said bike on the road legally.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Linesi77
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 19 Mar 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:02 - 11 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I know that,I'm booked in for the end of week. I'm just wondering if it's stored anywhere for the police to see? I've been told its just certificate form only and you get asked to produce it with in so many days..
____________________
R Lines
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kerr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:06 - 11 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they didn't pull you then they didn't know, as far as i'm aware there is no digital copy, good in your case but screwed if you lose it.
____________________
aprilia 125 Af1 Futura >> Suzuki gsxr 600 srad >> J1 zx6r >> cbr 600rr >> Speed Triple
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:01 - 11 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpmiller wrote:
they will expect you to pull out your plastic provisional card licence AND your CBT certificate.

Depends on the Cu​nstable. In my case, it was just "Have you done your training thing?"

Apparently CBTs get recorded with the DVLA in batches, several months in arrears, so there's no real expectation that Friend Computer will have the real story.

As always, admit nothing to the police if stopped. Or just ask yourself what a politician would do: act outraged and lie boldly.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Linesi77
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 19 Mar 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:50 - 11 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have they always been recorded? Before my previous cbt I was riding without a cbt for a full year, had tons of cop cars behind me and drive past, never in my 5 years of riding have I been pulled for any reason lol..
____________________
R Lines
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Nov 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:53 - 11 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was recorded it would be against your licence not your bike registration, so how would they know by following you?

Dur.
____________________
Triumph Sprint ST 1050. And it's Red.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Linesi77
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 19 Mar 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:54 - 11 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they would have to stop me and literally check my license?
____________________
R Lines
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Nov 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:58 - 11 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linesi77 wrote:
So they would have to stop me and literally check my license?



Yes. Now stop asking silly questions and book a proper test. Very Happy
____________________
Triumph Sprint ST 1050. And it's Red.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Linesi77
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 19 Mar 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:02 - 11 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha! Yeah I think that's the better option!
____________________
R Lines
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:58 - 11 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

sheffields finest eh ryan

do your cbt and stop riding without one it gives others a bad name.
____________________
Fin: no matter how much I look at It I can't understand what was going through my head, all I remember is going about 80 and redlining it to stop it seizing.
360 Deg... Five 1/4 turns. :- Teflon-Mike 18 Jan 2015
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave70
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:26 - 11 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Hans wrote:
If it was recorded it would be against your licence not your bike registration, so how would they know by following you?

Dur.


But, if they ran the registration through their computer, wouldn't it show that the registered keeper was on a provisional licence (I guess the L plates would give that away anyhow). Therefore if the CBT certs were on the data base, wouldn't that also flag up, or am I missing something? (Which is quite possible after the last 24 hours I've just had).
____________________
There ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk.

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Nov 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:35 - 11 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no link between licences and registered keepers - the only time this happens is when there is a marker on the vehicle telling them about associated scrotes that might be driving. Like if they know it's habitually driven by a drunken unlicensed driver ...
____________________
Triumph Sprint ST 1050. And it's Red.


Last edited by Evil Hans on 21:41 - 11 May 2016; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave70
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:39 - 11 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I never knew that.

I presumed that once they put the licence plate through their system, all the other information showed up too.
____________________
There ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk.

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Nov 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:40 - 11 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can get insurance details back, so that if it's insured to a 58 year old female and a 17 year old ratboy is driving they'll give it a tug.
____________________
Triumph Sprint ST 1050. And it's Red.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ADSrox0r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:31 - 11 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

My neighbour is a copper and a biker and I asked him about this very question. His response was along the lines of, "Most of us wouldn't have a bloody clue. Traffic on the other hand would but we can always just get the info from your insurer"
____________________
Current bikes: '08 VFR 800 VTEC(yo) , '07 ZZR1400 Winter hack: '95 Aprilia 650 Pegaso Currently lusting after: RC30
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Linesi77
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 19 Mar 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:06 - 11 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Vtr wrote:
sheffields finest eh ryan

do your cbt and stop riding without one it gives others a bad name.


Sheffield's finest? I guess you missed the part where it says I'm booked in.. it gives no one a bad name other then me, I've done 3 cbts. And as stated before I had no idea it ran out.
____________________
R Lines
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:45 - 12 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linesi77 wrote:
Paul Vtr wrote:
sheffields finest eh ryan

do your cbt and stop riding without one it gives others a bad name.


Sheffield's finest? I guess you missed the part where it says I'm booked in.. it gives no one a bad name other then me, I've done 3 cbts. And as stated before I had no idea it ran out.



Quote:
Have they always been recorded? Before my previous cbt I was riding without a cbt for a full year, had tons of cop cars behind me and drive past, never in my 5 years of riding have I been pulled for any reason lol..


/thread.
____________________
Fin: no matter how much I look at It I can't understand what was going through my head, all I remember is going about 80 and redlining it to stop it seizing.
360 Deg... Five 1/4 turns. :- Teflon-Mike 18 Jan 2015
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:49 - 12 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linesi77 wrote:
I've done 3 cbts.


Each lasts for 2.

Thats 6 years.

Plus the year or so you've ridden without... 7.

You get a CBT at 16, 16+7 is 23. If at 23 you can't record when you've passed a test, I'd suggest nipping to college to 'catch up' however if you genuinely have forgotten, its time to to your test and get off that faggot badge L plates. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:55 - 12 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill tell ian hes being simple and not abiding the law Very Happy
____________________
Fin: no matter how much I look at It I can't understand what was going through my head, all I remember is going about 80 and redlining it to stop it seizing.
360 Deg... Five 1/4 turns. :- Teflon-Mike 18 Jan 2015
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

D_redd
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 05 Apr 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:04 - 12 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Depends on the Cu​nstable.


I see what you did there Wink haha
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:08 - 12 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

D_redd wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
Depends on the Cu​nstable.

I see what you did there Wink haha

Yes, I'm a card.

In the case I'm referring to, he was one. And not Traffic, for a wonder, just a bored response beanpole who fancied a chase and a rant about how fast he'd chosen to drive.

Give Respect Hypocrisy, Get Respect Contempt.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Linesi77
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 19 Mar 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:57 - 12 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

You carry on been a keyboard warrior Paul your boring me👍.

I rode without a cbt when I was 16 when I was stupid enough to do so. Soon realised it wasn't a good idea and did it at 17. Was curious how the cbt was recorded so thanks to the people who actually gave me a proper answer Smile
____________________
R Lines
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Nov 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:01 - 12 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey. So you rode at 16 without one, you've done 3, had a year without one, about to do another ... by the end of that one that's 10 years you'll have been riding.

Seriously. Take a test. You're just throwing good money away on CBTs.
____________________
Triumph Sprint ST 1050. And it's Red.


Last edited by Evil Hans on 14:06 - 12 May 2016; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Linesi77
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 19 Mar 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:03 - 12 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's definitely a waste of money after doing it so many times, once I get my new job sorted I need to do the test asap lol
____________________
R Lines
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 147 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.6 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 123.63 Kb