Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Bandit Has been Stolen: Leeds

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Dabura
Nova Slayer



Joined: 30 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:53 - 23 May 2016    Post subject: Bandit Has been Stolen: Leeds Reply with quote

Some thieving scumbags stole the bandit last night. Cut the locks and wheeled it off. Phones the police and insurance and spent a few hours around the area looking and asking but can't see it. Absolutely hearbroken and for the third time I won't have a bike for summer,


Looks like this but has a black fly screen. Reg is M815 KPJ
https://imgur.com/MtfR5mKl.jpg
https://imgur.com/3rxAQwKl.jpg

If anyone in leeds sees it phone the old bill and send me a message please

Fucking scumbags!
____________________
Past: Peugeot Speed Fight 50 - couldn't handle winter.Gilera Sc125 - Crashed and burned(literally).Aprilia Rs125 - Fell apart and Sold. Mk1Bandit Stolen

Present: Kawasaki Z500-B


Last edited by Dabura on 13:25 - 23 May 2016; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:06 - 23 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume we are talking Oxford locks? Sad

Hope you find it. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ADSrox0r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:06 - 23 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

What locks were fitted?
____________________
Current bikes: '08 VFR 800 VTEC(yo) , '07 ZZR1400 Winter hack: '95 Aprilia 650 Pegaso Currently lusting after: RC30
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:08 - 23 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep my eye out North Leeds
____________________
I'm Sam; Northern, Ginger, Lover
Did have: '95 ZZR600 '83 CG125 '97 ZZR1100 '15 Hypermotard 821 SP Do Have: '10 ZX10R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dabura
Nova Slayer



Joined: 30 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:09 - 23 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes oxford locks, cut the chain and pried the disc lock. I thought I might be okay as I live in the top corner of a square but apparently not
____________________
Past: Peugeot Speed Fight 50 - couldn't handle winter.Gilera Sc125 - Crashed and burned(literally).Aprilia Rs125 - Fell apart and Sold. Mk1Bandit Stolen

Present: Kawasaki Z500-B
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:10 - 23 May 2016    Post subject: Re: Bandit Has been Stolen: Leeds Reply with quote

put a l (lower case L) before the .jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:12 - 23 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dabura wrote:
Yes oxford locks, cut the chain and pried the disc lock. I thought I might be okay as I live in the top corner of a square but apparently not


Always Almax, unless you can afford to replace the bike. £200 isn't a lot to pay to keep it mate. Erm, might not be worth the effort but I do have a 250 ped (which isn't actually all that bad...) which you are welcome to if you does a collect.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dabura
Nova Slayer



Joined: 30 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:31 - 23 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks drsnoosnoo

Done cansa

Yes I think I'll be going almax next time as this seems to of been done with bolt cutter and a crobar so even in they find it I reckon the front disc will be fucked. That's a very kind offer of you paddy I may take you up on. I'm off on holiday on the 1st so I'm hoping to have it all sorted by when I get back but I doubt it. Even if it is I'm looking at about a £400 payout


On a plus I won the lottery thing at work so that's £90 coming my way for the next one
____________________
Past: Peugeot Speed Fight 50 - couldn't handle winter.Gilera Sc125 - Crashed and burned(literally).Aprilia Rs125 - Fell apart and Sold. Mk1Bandit Stolen

Present: Kawasaki Z500-B
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:02 - 23 May 2016    Post subject: Re: Bandit Has been Stolen: Leeds Reply with quote

Sorry to hear it.

Dabura wrote:
insurance

It's a 21 year old 40,000 mile Bandit, is it really worth getting insurance involved? I bit late now, I guess. Sad

Oxfraud "security", so many victims. Crying or Very sad
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:14 - 23 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd not be too fussed about the claim, my £800 theft claim has added minimal to my insurance this year Neutral

That said, it is not worth much in insurance eyes, add the excess and possible premium rape...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer



Joined: 16 Jun 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:16 - 23 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered moving? It may be you are supplying the local yoots with their summertime plaything year on year.
____________________
Currently enjoying products from Ford, Mazda and Yamaha
Ste wrote: Avatars are fine, it's signatures that need turning off. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dabura
Nova Slayer



Joined: 30 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:59 - 23 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be lucky to get a four hundred quid out of all this but alsa it's to late now, we will we what happens and if I can find another bike dirt cheap and buy better locks. Hoping to land a new job so that will help money wise. Just spent another two hours walking around looking for it but i can't find it. Looks like I'll be a bus wanker yet again Crying or Very sad

First year of owning a bike here and my first theft so just this summer's toy.
____________________
Past: Peugeot Speed Fight 50 - couldn't handle winter.Gilera Sc125 - Crashed and burned(literally).Aprilia Rs125 - Fell apart and Sold. Mk1Bandit Stolen

Present: Kawasaki Z500-B
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Snowdonia Rider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Oct 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:30 - 23 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extremely gutted for you mate. I liked the pic you put of the bike with the Peacock, makes it worse you had good times on the bike.
____________________
I want your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle.
Suzuki GP125 Suzuki GSX600F Suzuki SV650S KTM EXC250F SkyTeam Bongo 125
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/SnowdoniaRider
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Marmalade
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:05 - 23 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst nightmare, I hope it's found intact.


I've been lucky, I've not had a bike I owned stolen yet.

I had a panicked call from the office one morning checking I was alive as the BMW company bike had been found crashed and they assumed it was me and had staggered off to die somewhere.


https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTMzNVgxMzU3/z/MnkAAOSw3mpXH0WJ/$_12.JPG
____________________
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

joemc
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 24 Apr 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:42 - 24 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where abouts in leeds you from? Will keep my eyes peeled in west leeds. May sound a bit daft but have you made a facebook post for people to share? I know it sounds daft and cringy as hell but its one way of getting your post spread around leeds quickly.
____________________
Nsr 125 1990 - written off
Bandit 600 - Alive (for now)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man



Joined: 16 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:21 - 24 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeps hunting - including all of the one-way streets in the local rabbit warren estates.

If it was stolen to sell on - possibly as parts - then it is usually parked on the street somewhere for a few days before being moved on to a garage. This is in case it has a tracker or similar fitted, left for a few days to let the batteries run down.

If it was nicked for a joyride, and the police haven't called yet, then it will be in a park or woods. Possibly burnt, probably a bit trashed but fixable.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer



Joined: 16 Jun 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:30 - 24 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dabura wrote:

First year of owning a bike here and my first theft so just this summer's toy.

I see, the OP seemed to suggest this has happened 3 summers in a row. Why no bike for the previous two summers? Just money and stuff?
____________________
Currently enjoying products from Ford, Mazda and Yamaha
Ste wrote: Avatars are fine, it's signatures that need turning off. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dabura
Nova Slayer



Joined: 30 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:35 - 24 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby wrote:
Keeps hunting - including all of the one-way streets in the local rabbit warren estates.

If it was stolen to sell on - possibly as parts - then it is usually parked on the street somewhere for a few days before being moved on to a garage. This is in case it has a tracker or similar fitted, left for a few days to let the batteries run down.

If it was nicked for a joyride, and the police haven't called yet, then it will be in a park or woods. Possibly burnt, probably a bit trashed but fixable.


Yeah I've spent about 4 hours scouting all the fields culdesacs and what not but can't seem to find it spoken to neighbors and other people in the area and rang the local bike shop and petrol station and asked them to keep an eye out. I don't know what they plan to do with it but at this point I'm not sure I want it back as they must of crowbared the disc lock off which has probably fucked the disc let alone what ever else has happened.

grr666 wrote:
Dabura wrote:

First year of owning a bike here and my first theft so just this summer's toy.

I see, the OP seemed to suggest this has happened 3 summers in a row. Why no bike for the previous two summers? Just money and stuff?


Crashed my first bike on the first of may and the second one started falling apart and was sold mid may
____________________
Past: Peugeot Speed Fight 50 - couldn't handle winter.Gilera Sc125 - Crashed and burned(literally).Aprilia Rs125 - Fell apart and Sold. Mk1Bandit Stolen

Present: Kawasaki Z500-B


Last edited by Dabura on 00:26 - 25 May 2016; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:06 - 24 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad stuff, that looked in pretty nice condition as well.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hefty
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 25 Jun 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:37 - 24 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dabura wrote:
Crashed my first bike in the first of may and the second one started falling apart and was sold mid may


You've had a similar run to me mate, I feel them feels. That's a tidy looking bandit too Sad

1st bike stolen, ragged & dumped in a lake, 2nd bike FUBAR'd.. Have been a bus wanker since august last year but finally bought a new bike last week. Here's hoping the scrotes of Croydonia don't make a submarine of this one Praying
____________________
'13 Honda CBF125 // '99 Suzuki SV650s // '98 Honda CB600F Hornet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Pigeon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:23 - 24 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoyed the "where you been" and "what you done" posts.

Sorry fella, what utter low-life scum Evil or Very Mad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dabura
Nova Slayer



Joined: 30 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:23 - 25 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words guys it was in surprisingly good shape for a 21 year old 40K-er but scruffy here and there but the paint scheme and seat looked smart and was why I bought it.

No word from plod about it so I assume it's being broken down for parts or they couldn't get it started(special technique) hopefully get a new bike when I back from my holiday. Don't know what to get currently torn between trx 850,sv 650, or ccm,fzr6 and sports 400s if the budget will stretch
____________________
Past: Peugeot Speed Fight 50 - couldn't handle winter.Gilera Sc125 - Crashed and burned(literally).Aprilia Rs125 - Fell apart and Sold. Mk1Bandit Stolen

Present: Kawasaki Z500-B
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TheBikerStig
Crazy Courier



Joined: 15 Dec 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:27 - 25 May 2016    Post subject: Re: Bandit Has been Stolen: Leeds Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Sorry to hear it.

Dabura wrote:
insurance

It's a 21 year old 40,000 mile Bandit, is it really worth getting insurance involved? I bit late now, I guess. Sad

Oxfraud "security", so many victims. Crying or Very sad



Wow! Just to put it into perspective, my 6 year old bandit has 51000 miles. At that mileage my Bandit is worth about £1500 part ex.

Might want to try getting a quote for a new insurance with 1 claim and compare the price increase with what ever your insurance will pay out-excess.
____________________
I am usually naked when posting to this forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dabura
Nova Slayer



Joined: 30 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:47 - 25 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've yet to play the insurance game so I'll see what it says, this time I won't have 3 points to admit too so it might balance out. What's my stance on reguard to my current insurance. It entitled me to ride other bikes 3rd party will that carry on untill the year is up or will it stop when they pay out?
____________________
Past: Peugeot Speed Fight 50 - couldn't handle winter.Gilera Sc125 - Crashed and burned(literally).Aprilia Rs125 - Fell apart and Sold. Mk1Bandit Stolen

Present: Kawasaki Z500-B
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dabura
Nova Slayer



Joined: 30 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:09 - 27 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was passed a name today of a local scrote who was seen going through people's gardens. Is there anything I can do or do I let it go at this point. I fancy going round and taking the door off but if they're wrong it's going to go badly and I can hardly knock on the door and ask. Plus no visibility to the garden. Is it worth telling plod or do I leave it and taking it as a lesson
____________________
Past: Peugeot Speed Fight 50 - couldn't handle winter.Gilera Sc125 - Crashed and burned(literally).Aprilia Rs125 - Fell apart and Sold. Mk1Bandit Stolen

Present: Kawasaki Z500-B
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 138 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 1.28 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 134.57 Kb