 duckehhh L Plate Warrior
Joined: 01 May 2016 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 09:41 - 30 May 2016 Post subject: Newbie Gear lever help. |
 |
|
Hi all, I been lurking for a while and thought now is probaly a good time to ask for some assistance.
Went out for a ride today after I finished work. Went to shift down, clutch in, go to tap the lever down, and its not to be felt. Took a peek down and its hanging by the shift rod.
I did manage to ziptie it on and manipulate it into second gear, and coasted home, was only a few miles so wasnt that bad.
Looks like the retaining nut/bolt has come loose(but thats my complete beginner opinion, only had the bike 1.5 months.)
Is it as simple as that? or would it be a more complex issue?
Where does one aquire one of those on a bank holiday?
I dont think shift that poorly to cause this? lack of experience?
https://i.imgur.com/6k8U72o.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/VWjhnAK.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/62EH35G.jpg
thanks guys  |
|
 MCN Super Spammer

Joined: 22 Jul 2015 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:57 - 30 May 2016 Post subject: |
 |
|
I had the zact same thing happen on a 3mths old £15000 BMW bike.
I degreased and refitted using tread lock.
Bolt, Bank Holiday? You may be fucked Sir.
Do you need the beast running for work?
Look for something similar on a less critical area of the machine to bodge it until the correct bolt is available.
If only for fun then you are probably safer fcuked (again). ____________________ Disclaimer: The comments above may be predicted text and not necessarily the opinion of MCN. |
|
 bugeye_bob World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Sep 2013 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:18 - 30 May 2016 Post subject: |
 |
|
as you havent listed bike/year etc I cant be specific,
But you could find said bike on parts sites like Mr Motorcycle, find missing nut and bolt and they do tell you what size they were, this should help find the suitable parts today from someone like a B&Q maybe.
 |
|
 duckehhh L Plate Warrior
Joined: 01 May 2016 Karma : 
|
|