 Uber_Beluga Derestricted Danger
Joined: 18 May 2016 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 00:45 - 30 May 2016 Post subject: Aspect Ratio / Tyre Height (Does it matter?) |
 |
|
If I were to replace:
My current tyres:
80/100-21
110/90-18
with
Some new slightly shorter tyres: notice the second number (Aspect ratio, or tyre height) is chaning.
80/90-21
110/80-18
Would they fit my bike? Would they cause any problems? I understand I would be gearing myself slightly lower, but as it happens, that would actually suit me. ____________________ DRZ400 | KLR650 | CBF 125 | DT 125 R | DT 125 re Stolen | |
|
 jaffa90 World Chat Champion
Joined: 06 Apr 2016 Karma :    
|
|
 MCN Super Spammer

Joined: 22 Jul 2015 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:53 - 30 May 2016 Post subject: |
 |
|
It may affect the handling characteristics.
The bike may 'dive' into a turn or may need more effort to turn.
https://www.canyonchasers.net/shop/generic/tires.php
I (personally) wouldn't phaph with OEM recommendations unless for a specific and well researched purpose. ____________________ Disclaimer: The comments above may be predicted text and not necessarily the opinion of MCN. |
|
 Uber_Beluga Derestricted Danger
Joined: 18 May 2016 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:06 - 30 May 2016 Post subject: |
 |
|
Speed rating on the site was around 130mph
They're for a DT125 so that should cover it
The problem is, I can't find anything suited for the road with the same specs as what is currently on the bike.
Anyway, plot twist... I did some research and it turns out that what is currently on the bike doesn't meet the OEM specs. I should have no problem finding some tyres for the OEM specs, so I'll go with that.
https://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/yamaha_dt_125_re_2004.php
https://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/yamaha_dt_125_re_2006.php
Mine is 05, so I guess it's the same as either of those.
Thanks for the help, didn't think to look at the OEM specs. ____________________ DRZ400 | KLR650 | CBF 125 | DT 125 R | DT 125 re Stolen | |
|