 prince_medion L Plate Warrior
Joined: 15 Jun 2016 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 09:23 - 15 Jun 2016 Post subject: honda pcx 125 sticky rear drum brake |
 |
|
hi everyone, i'm new here as I registered to try and get a solution to my issue. Just came back from work and as I was pushing my honda pcx to the back of the house, then the back wheel suddenly started seizing up after a turn or so as if the back brake had a mind of its own. Now I did some testing, it seems fine when the engine is on and i'm throttling, but as soon as i push the bike, that rear wheel seize up after doing one revolution. Now it's been outside work for about 12 hours and it has been really rainy, but it could not possibly be wear because I had my back tire changed a couple of weeks ago and told the bloke that my rear brake had been a bit squeaky of late. the bloke called me back and said that there was caked dust in there thus why the squeaking, but he gave it a good clean and also asked me if i wanted new pads, although he said they were still fine but would need replacing soon enough he thought he'd change them while he was at it, so he changed them. So, I'm not sure if it's because there's wetness in, or the mechanic told me bunnies or something is messed up. Also i need the bike for traveling to work so really could use with not having to part with it long. |
|
 cb1rocket World Chat Champion
Joined: 30 Jan 2010 Karma :    
|
|