Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


My first ride on a 600...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:49 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: My first ride on a 600... Reply with quote

Well today I rode the MZ to its new home, sad to see it go, but it did its job very well, and I got £50 more than I paid for it.

Got home, sorted insurance out (£292 on top of the £332 I'd already paid for the MZ), jumped on the bike and off I went.

Bloody love it, It's not as shockingly powerfull as I was expecting... and I don't think you can get any more different than a single cylinder 125 2 stroke with a flat 4 600cc.

This this is rapid through the gears, feels wierd in corners, but it's bloody good.

Rode to Heine Gericke, just as a place to go, and ended up buying some leather trousers Rolling Eyes (with knee sliders, just in case...)

Now I've got a taste, I want an R1! Firstly I want these bloody restrictors out. The bike gets to 80 and promptly refuses to go any faster, makes high speed overtakes interesting...

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:56 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Re: My first ride on a 600... Reply with quote

Not sure what 600 you've got, but you won't get a good feel of it at all while it's restricted.
Remember if it was a derestricted 125 and a restricted 600 you may even have a worse power to weight ratio!

Something like an r6 has power delivery remarkably like a 2stroke 125... you just get a lot more of it.


If it still doesn't feel that great when it's derestricted, make sure you are getting the throttle fully open and revving ot the redline... when I first got my zx6 I found I kept changing up at 1/2 revs!

I've found I can keep up with proper litre bikes to probably 80 to 90mph or so on my track bike, only after that point does their extra grunt come in. Does make it easier to go fast without hassle on the road, though.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:34 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an XJ600, not exactly a sportsbike.

I rev up to about 7k which is about 2/3rds to the rev line. The power seems to be between 5 and 7, and starts to die after 7, sounds gorgeous though.

It's a heavy old bugger, wouldn't be suprised it power to weight was worse.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 225 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.05 Sec - Server Load: 0.23 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 37.03 Kb