Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Another Newbie

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Retsyn
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 27 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:27 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Another Newbie Reply with quote

Just found this forum and thought I should introduce myself. I'm in the US, but my husband's a Brit, so I thought I might be able to relate to people in here somewhat.

I'm 36, female and been having Ninja fantasies for years. Two weeks ago I bought a Ninja EX500-now I need to learn to drive it. There are 3 day training courses here that I'm going to sign up for. Already bought an awesome Suomy helmet. Wink

So basically I'm new to this board, new to owning a bike and new to driving. Fun eh?

There's a couple pics of the bike here https://photos.yahoo.com/bootiques Please ignore the dirty Jeep in the background-hey it's the middle of winter!

Hope to chat/meet some of you soon!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

New York Doll
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:45 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Welcome to the forum, I too am new here and have found it to be a great source of knowledge and a good laugh, wonderful people to boot Smile.

Nice Ninja by the way, hope learning to use it is a much of a thrill as sitting there staring at it. Looks like your well on your way to being able to ride it. I am also new to motorcycling, myself. It seems well daunting, but worth the effort.

Welcome, btw Laughing
____________________
"You know even if I live to be a 100 years old which is highly unlikely I must say, but if anyone mentions 1977 then a crooked smile will come to my lips, I know it will. It was the year that changed my life" - John Peel (1977)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mchaggis
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:36 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings and salutations! Thumbs Up

Be careful of the wildlife, some of it bites! Smile And take care not to step on the grass...

Nice bike, even without its bottom fairing. Wink I'm after one once I've passed my test, hopefully in the summer.
____________________
I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Retsyn
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 27 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:06 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome Smile

mchaggis, I paid $1000 (that's dollars, not pounds)-it's a 95 w/14,000 miles...I figured I could live without the fairing. Who knows...I may find one around. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Barker-CBR 600
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:05 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

So thats around £750 for a Ninja only done 14K miles.

Not too shabby at all!

Now something i wanna ask an american, its pretty much every British Bikers dream at some point or another to ride coast to coast across the US on their own bike.

What about those actually already there? Is it as popular?

I couldnt exactly see them shipping a bike across to sunny ol' England an riding few times round the M25.
____________________
Previous - Gilera DNA50 / XVS125 Dragstar/Honda CBR 600F/GSF 650 Bandit
Current - 2013 Suzuki VZ800 Intruder
'Is this a rhetorical question?'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TomC
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:50 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

More like £520. It annoys me how much things are cheaper over there Razz

Welcome to the forum. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Retsyn
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 27 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:54 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got a great deal on the bike. It was a friend of a friend thing who really needed the cash-so I got lucky. It would normally sell for more-maybe $1800-$2000?

As far as riding across the US-it's a pretty big place you know. Wink
I would think that would be more of a Harley biker's dream....
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dan 4RR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:09 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit late, But Hi!.
Nice Bike! Thumbs Up Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 224 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.63 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 57.78 Kb