Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Just had my first off :(

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Ork12
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 05 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:48 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Just had my first off :( Reply with quote

Just posting to say, had my first off Sad, was going up a curve (1 inch tall max), and it was muddy, so my back wheel spun out. Wham I hit the floor, my first thought was to get up and get inside (was pulling into my driveway), a couple of cars stopped but once they saw me get up they drove off. The damage to my moped is just a broken mirror. But I will need a new helmet, but thats no problem as im glad it just save the important bit of me Very Happy. Im just so glad I had my leather gloves on, its made me realise the importance of them, right now my left hand lil finger is swollen so bad, but without the glove only god knows if I'd of still had the finger.
Sorry to bore you all with another story, I just hope another person reads this and understands the importance of safety gear.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dan 4RR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:03 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least your alright Thumbs Up Minus the swollen finger of course lol.

Good Job you were wearing gloves ! Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:20 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

VivaCity wrote:
Good Job you were wearing gloves


Too cold not to Wink When you go up a curb try and hit in head on - don't go up at an angle. I guess you know that now eh? At least your first off wasn't a bad one Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ork12
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 05 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:19 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thanks for the advice, know that now so will be good for future Smile.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Josh|RD125LC
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:41 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my first off on January 14th (hehe I can still remember the date). I was off my bike for 4 weeks because of the damage and the parts for my bike are very hard to find. I fell off in the rain. I was filtering in between traffic (either side of me). I happened to notice that the gap was getting very tight and I got very nervous. The gap got too small for my liking and I broke, stupidly pulling the front brake, resulting in front end sliding and bike hitting the floor and ending up lodged under a car. Luckily I had my gloves on too, because they were tore to shreds. I took a blow on the helmet and also tore my jacket. Hail protective clothing! Since this I have learned to drive much better in wet conditions and NOT use the front brake

Sorry to hear about your accident and I'm glad you weren't hurt too much. We all learn from mistakes Thumbs Up
____________________
Honda MBX50 | Yamaha RD125LC | Suzuki RG125F Lucky Strike | Suzuki GSF600S
RD125LC Pictures
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

THCi
Nearly there...



Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:11 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all means use the front break, but do it in a controlled manner. When its wet I use 60% front 40% back, remember that it aint the ammount you pull/push the levers, but the ammount of stopping power put against the travel of the wheel.

Also, using back first then second makes a different, if the back locks all that the bike is gonna do is fish tail until you release.
____________________
Past: GZ 125 K4 Marauder, VL 125 LC Intruder, FZS 600 Fazer. Present: GSF 600 N K3 Bandit, GSX-R 600 X(soon)
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

izzi81
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 24 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:07 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh the good old mud-back-wheel-sliding incident! very familiar to me as I did the same thing on my Ninja not long after I got it. Used way too much throttle causing the back wheel to spin on the mud and down I slid. I was wearing all my gear, and didn't need to replace any of it, but I had a lot of fairing repair to do (and am *still* doing the confidence re-building a year later!!)
____________________
"The problem with the French is they have no word for 'entrepreneur' " George W Bush
Age doesn't matter unless you're a cheese
https://www.bikepics.com/members/izzi81
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rodger Wabbit
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:34 - 01 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrrrr stop with all these offs! Its making me want to leave my bike in the shed until the nicer weather comes Embarassed

Anways Sorry about ur off, and im glad u came of fairly ok Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 219 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.25 Sec - Server Load: 0.58 - MySQL Queries: 15 - Page Size: 58.31 Kb