Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


My bitch against the council and car drivers...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

mattgt
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:41 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: My bitch against the council and car drivers... Reply with quote

I had this accident (my first ever) last year almost to the day. It was just after my birthday, see. I thought I would finally get my anger out with a long bitch.

So. It's a really cold morning, but it hadn't rained for ages so there was little threat of serious ice. I was coming up to a junction just past Willesden on me Honda NSR derestrict, lights just changing. The car in the front was just diddlying about so I over took on the outside coming onto the junction.

What I didn't realise was that overnight a main pipe had burst. The whole junction was literally covered with inch deep ice. Obviously I went smack on my side as I corrected to get into the middle of the road after overtaking, and found myself flying down the road.

Guess what the car behind me did? As I was casually spinning on me bum, I managed to look behind me. He was on his horn, waving me to get out of the way. How bloody helpfull is that?!! I just had to dodge his front wheel as he sped off (the ice was only contained by the junction!). He wasn't even a boy racer. Very irate.

The council is as bad as the driver for letting people skid about. As I assessed the damage on the side of the road, it was literally like bumber cars as the cars bounced everywhere. Sorry, but that was revenge.

Finally, a shout out to the guy who helped me. As it was my first crash/fall I was pretty shaken. He was also driving a honda and came over and helped me. We had a chat and I felt so much better for it. Thanks mate, wherever you are!

Still took me a week to be confident around corners though!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

El_Bandido
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:51 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats pathetic that they could leave a junction like that. You might be able to sue the council Thumbs Up

People like that guy on the horn do my head in. I hope he slides off a corner with other vague faced morons honking at him Evil or Very Mad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Toady
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:58 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was overnight then the council wouldn't have known about it! You can't expect them to keep an overnight watch on all the roads. Maybe if someone told them and they didn't respond to it immediately then it would be their fault. Its just one of those really unlucky situations. That bloke in the car sounds like a right idiot. If he had an accident I'm sure he'd want people to stop, or at least not be angry at you when it wasn't your fault! F***ing pratt.
____________________
I can see paradise by the dashboard lights....................or at least the speedo on my NSR!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:50 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be a party pooper, but before you go suing anyone remember:
highway_code_rule_143 wrote:

DO NOT overtake where you might come into conflict with other road users. For example:

approaching or at a road junction on either side of the road


I know we all do it but....
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mattgt
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:00 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, true. i still would have come off but its a very fair point. most nobs in cars don't know which way they're going, especially at junctions anyway.
coming to that, i decided to go for a car lesson. my last lesson i nearly crashed - i did a lifesaver over my left shoulder, there was half the bloody car in my way, and didnt see a bloody great thing there. im definately not saying car drivers have a reason to be crashing into things. its their fault in the first place for getting in a huge chunk of metal. im not doing that again!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 223 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.66 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 46.56 Kb