Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Is this a good quote?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

JonT
Crazy Courier



Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:34 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Is this a good quote? Reply with quote

I've recently bought a Suzuki RG 125 Wolf and I've been shopping arround for insurance for it.

The best quote I have so far is £366 TPO. I am 19 years old without any NCB on a provisional but I haven't had any convictions at all. I am keeping the bike in the centre of manchester and using it to commute also.

So tell me, should I take this quote or should I spend more time shopping around even though most places I call are the same call centre just with another trading name.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonT
Crazy Courier



Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:34 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh the bike is the 1994 model and is worth £700
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

RickHolt
Traffic Copper



Joined: 17 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:40 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep ringing for a bit, make sure you ring Bike Team and CIA. I'm 19, have passed my test, riding a GPZ500, insured for £586 TPFT.

Those two were the only ones on a list of 100+ that came close to that figure. The others were around 800 quid.

Doubt you will get it much lower, but it's worth a try. No rush to get out on the bike in this weather.

Where in Manchester are you by the way?

I'm in Droylsden. You planning on using the bike for fun or just commuting? Could go for a ride sometime.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonT
Crazy Courier



Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:07 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome RickHolt I phoned CIA like you said and they quoted me £270! Woohoo, I chose to pay £25 more for legal cover but still... bargain!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:47 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyt wrote:
awesome RickHolt I phoned CIA like you said and they quoted me £270! Woohoo, I chose to pay £25 more for legal cover but still... bargain!


Did you go with them?

They charge £25 administration usually (dont know if this is when you spread the payment over 12 months but it was with me)

I'm with CIA too though. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Zoffo
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:02 - 01 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosanne Barr's Ex husband Tom Arnold after she accused him of having a tiny dick

"Well even a 747 looks small in the Grand Canyon"

Now that's a good quote Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:09 - 01 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

£270 sounds about right.

I was quoted the same amount for my 125 when I was just 17, so with those 2 extra years 'maturity' I'd expect £270 to be about right.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 222 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.05 Sec - Server Load: 0.6 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 52.15 Kb