Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 225, 226, 227 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:40 - 21 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drivers that have no idea why you're pissed off to find them filling the entirety of your lane, and not slowing down at all while oncoming, who then flip you off when you bib (not lean on, just bib) your horn. He didn't expect me to turn around and call him out on it. I didn't expect the copper coming the other way when I was pulling up next to him. Copper looks at footage, and says he's surprised more people haven't gone to chin him. He appeared contrite enough that no-one was charged/booked.

It was an Audi though, so no real surprises there.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:23 - 21 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
Dealer promised manuals and service history......dealer is a wanker

That happened to me on the first car I bought. The service history was there, but there was no owners manual. Dealer promised to get me one, no problems. Many stories of it being on back order, due in any day.
Eventually the penny dropped and I realised he was a lying piece of shit. Never used that garage again, and when they phoned me a year later asking if I wanted to bring it in for it's mot and service my first question was have you got my fcking manual in yet? No? Then I won't be using you.

Yeah, that really showed them. Laughing

Never trust a car dealer on anything. They lie, flat out bullshit, all day, day in day out, to the point where it's as natural as breathing.
If they promise you something your first thought must be "I don't believe you". Feel absolutely no guilt in calling them a liar to their face (something I struggle to do, even though I know they're lying and trying to mug me off). A simple, okay, you'll get my money when you come through on your promises, and stick to it, or accept the bullshit for what it is and ignore any influence it has on the deal.

I still fcking hate every last one of the lying cnuts.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:25 - 21 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll +1 the dealers being arse talk.

I walked away, multiple times, from the local-ish dealer that was selling the SV 650 and Bandit 600 because regardless of opinions on here I couldn't justify, wanting a bike or not, handing over a large sum of cash to an arse wipe of a company. I only went back to sit on bikes to figure out what I did and didn't like.

Dealer I purchased the Kwak from, in the end, said "Yes, what it comes with" to the question "Do you have the service history?" and surprise surprise amongst the paperwork it came with nowt. Only real issue that leaves me with is not knowing when the valves where last inspected and or done, I could contact the last owner but that's just not their problem and I'd be throwing eggs at someones door if the new owner of my old Arrow phoned me up every time that had an issue.

Paperwork with "warrenty" was useless and I never valued it. I'd only hand over monies for used bike in the future knowing full well what I'm getting myself into. Bike, thus far, has turned out to be what I figured I was buying but is an eye opener as to what to look out for now that I'm slowly learning, properly, about the bike and doing odd jobs when they arise.

Saying that it's the same way they wouldn't replace the tyres that I'm now paying for to have done. Maximising profit is their only interest.

My input for today would be wheeling over my own foot.

Put the bike on the centre stand with a full tank and luggage (with chains in) and when I went to take it of needed a bit more of a push than normal. Moved foot and soon realised I had my bike on top of it. Couldn't react because then I'd drop the bike and be even more buggered.

Although thankfully had my bike boots on and felt not that much. Won't be repeating that in a hurry.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:00 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other bikers not stopping.

Travelling home from work yesterday down the A5 towards the M6 toll roundabout and saw a biker jogging up the opposite carriageway (couldn't see his bike anywhere! - turns out it was further back the way I had come, he was looking for his number plate that had been ripped off).

Its not the safest of roads to stop on as it has no hard shoulder to speak of and the drain at the side is horrific to park your bike on.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.6224846,-1.7368383,3a,75y,288.77h,88.33t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sFOag29YNyxHPJ42ZMuDZaQ!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo1.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DFOag29YNyxHPJ42ZMuDZaQ%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D7.353058%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656

On the 1.5 miles to the roundabout so I could turn around - I saw 2 bikes going the other way.

Spun it around and when I go there there was only him struggling to remove some packing tape that had got stuck around his chain. We got it cleared and off we went.

2 minutes is all it took to check. Gits.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:37 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

home insurance quotes,

every single quote site throws a different but equally obscure curve ball question that I don't know the exact answer to, and the sites won't proceed because they want exact answer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:48 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
home insurance quotes,

every single quote site throws a different but equally obscure curve ball question that I don't know the exact answer to, and the sites won't proceed because they want exact answer

"Love nest" vs "sex dungeon"?

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
[drama happened] I didn't expect the copper coming the other way when I was pulling up next to him. Copper looks at footage

Link is where?

Self-grind: the Attention Sperg. Muttering and mumbling all day at a barely audible level, carefully calculated to fall just below the threshold where I'd be justified in stabbing him in the larynx.

"Ooh, I see. Hmm, that's not right. Ahh, err. Oh, that, but..."

Fecker desperately wants me to ask him what he's found without him having to actually initiate a conversation. Not because it's important, just because he craves some sort of interaction.

Given that this would take up all of my day as well as his, I'm not biting. He can get a cat, like every other single saddo.

I would be justified in stabbing him though.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:43 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I'll take it headphones are banned in your workplace too, because safety?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:58 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone decided to stick an old fucking radiator on the bonnet of my car Evil or Very Mad

ride_to_die
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 16:01 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Someone decided to stick an old fucking radiator on the bonnet of my car Evil or Very Mad

Weigh it in, profit?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:21 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
^ I'll take it headphones are banned in your workplace too, because safety?

I'm wearing earplugs, he's antics are pitch-perfect though.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:38 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ride_to_die wrote:
M.C wrote:

Weigh it in, profit?

Didn't think of that Laughing

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:13 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mate who owns another local motocross track had his tractor nicked so couldn't open his track

he has had all sorts of abuse on facebook for not opening as he was trying to get his tractor back

fucking retards Rolling Eyes

he has it now the local pikeys took it nearly to the site they are permanently on and dumped it under a tarp but drove through a load of hedges to get there
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:30 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Link is where?

I'm not a yootoober, fuck that self-promoting, ego-infalting fuckwittery. It's a dashcam, nothing more, and served it's purpose beautifully in that instance.

Now, if I was having a gentle bimble along some of the really nice roads here, I'd cheerfully stick up a link, that serves a purpose, especially if the roads are not that well known.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not being there to witness the moment when the driver who raged at me for pulling across his path on a mini-roundabout realises it was his fault for leaving his left indicator on, the git!

techathy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:36 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indicators... they simply indicate the bulb is working!

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoned my GP surgery for an appointment, 19 days time was the next available, but could have done without mrs.gatekeeper on the other end of the phone trying to discourage me altogether from booking one at all.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:08 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

techathy wrote:
Indicators... they simply indicate the bulb is working!

True, but sometimes if you ignore every indicator you'll never get out. Traffic was congested and slow. There was no danger of a collision, he was just doing what little pricks in steel cages do.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=tJ8eTb6xr_k

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows automatic updates.

Im busy, I am working, I have different spreadsheets open to input and then analyse my data that I have generated and I need this done for tomorrow. So of course the best time for Windows to shut down and restart is in the middle of me doing this. Also thanks Windows for blanking out the option to reschedule that restart for half an hours time when I would have been finished.

Fuck you. Thanks for extending my work day and now I am sitting here using my phone to be passive aggressive on the internet. Its still preparing to configure. SORT YOUR SHIT OUT QUICKLY.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:29 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
home insurance quotes,

So, after trawling through all my paperwork, digging out deeds and receipts and surveying reports from last century, I finally answer all th questions and buy insurance more than 50% less than my renewal quote. Rolling Eyes

But...... I'm waiting on an email confirmation with a reference number to proceed so that I can log on and get proof of insurance Evil or Very Mad

still nothing.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:25 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checking all the vehicle details because I couldn't remember when MOT/tax is due and I find the Twing hasn't had an MOT for over a year. Expired sometime in January 2016 Shocked .

So how come DVLA have been happily taking my standing order for the road tax and it now comes up as taxed even though the MOT has expired?

FFS, I preferred the tax disc. Tax and MOT at the same time and sorted. I've been driving this nominally uninsured for a year.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:05 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles wrote:
Windows automatic updates.

Im busy, I am working, I have different spreadsheets open to input and then analyse my data that I have generated and I need this done for tomorrow. So of course the best time for Windows to shut down and restart is in the middle of me doing this. Also thanks Windows for blanking out the option to reschedule that restart for half an hours time when I would have been finished.

Fuck you. Thanks for extending my work day and now I am sitting here using my phone to be passive aggressive on the internet. Its still preparing to configure. SORT YOUR SHIT OUT QUICKLY.

Windows 10?

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:08 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weather! The rain is fine though irritating. Tonight it was freezing fog all the way home. getting all over the visor, up the inside, on my glasses.
Had to go at 30-40mph and stop about 5 times to clean everything; the final time (about 2 miles from home) I see a dropped curve and think it'll be good to pull over off the road to clean up.
NOPE, its not a dropped curve, so I skitter along it and drop the bike. Bike valiantly tries to keep running on its side and then *klunk*
Back up and nothing is obviously broken or leaking but fuck this weather! Evil or Very Mad

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:18 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:
The weather! The rain is fine though irritating. Tonight it was freezing fog all the way home. getting all over the visor, up the inside, on my glasses.
Had to go at 30-40mph and stop about 5 times to clean everything; the final time (about 2 miles from home) I see a dropped curve and think it'll be good to pull over off the road to clean up.
NOPE, its not a dropped curve, so I skitter along it and drop the bike. Bike valiantly tries to keep running on its side and then *klunk*
Back up and nothing is obviously broken or leaking but fuck this weather! Evil or Very Mad

You don't mention a pinlock, you do have one?

If not invest in a helmet that does. If not and helmet has studs (forget proper name) in visor for one then buy one.

Since I've had one I wouldn't be without one.

Just don't buy the HJC RPHA ST as it likes to try and kill you and impair vision when it rains because fogs up. I'm yet to find a replacement.

Can you wear contact lenses? I appreciate not everyone can but I wouldn't be without them now since swapping over from glasses. Beside the usual fogging up that glasses do I got bored, rather quickly, of attempting to open the visor while slowing down for a set of lights and then feeling like I was going to read end someone because my attention wasn't on what it should be. Annoying even more so during rain. Most places do a free trail to see if they're for you so you don't loose out by trying.

My input: Lids Direct report as "permanently closed" on google.

Would explain why everything gone from their ebay store and website been pulled for "working on it."

Looks like elsewhere for discount hunting henceforth then.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:31 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
Phoned my GP surgery for an appointment, 19 days time was the next available, but could have done without mrs.gatekeeper on the other end of the phone trying to discourage me altogether from booking one at all.

They are all like that I think. I imagine they have a mandate to mug as many working people off as possible.
My GPs receptionist will ask 'and what is the reason you want to see the doctor?' to which I usually reply 'none of
your damn business, I'll tell the doctor my health concerns not his secretary now could you please confirm
my appointment because that is your job, not offering your opinion on the urgency of my ailment'
Gets right on my tits it does. These days if it's something I'm genuinely worried about I just book a private GP
appointment which is usually a full half hour long so plenty of time to discuss the issue and have a thorough examination.
£60 well spent imo.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:37 - 23 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:

My input: Lids Direct report as "permanently closed" on google.

Would explain why everything gone from their ebay store and website been pulled for "working on it."

Looks like elsewhere for discount hunting henceforth then.

https://www.racevisors.co.uk/

Good choice but I don't know how the prices for helmets stack up. I use them just for spare visors.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 34 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 225, 226, 227 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 226 of 698