 Jrod Page 3 Girl

Joined: 02 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
|
 mchaggis World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:47 - 10 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Low on oil? Thermostatic valve stuck? I presume the fan was working? Clogged coolant passage? ____________________ I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush.  |
|
 Jrod Page 3 Girl

Joined: 02 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:30 - 11 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
No it's not low on oil, Thermostatic valve stuck..... whats that mean?
I don't think the fan came on no, but it only comes on when the bike gets really hot. Today it sounded like there was a bubbling noise coming from the expnasion bottle when I stopped and the engine was off. Its not boiling over tho.  |
|
 mchaggis World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 12:57 - 11 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
https://www.dansmc.com/watercooling.htm
Might be of some use. I'm certainly not going to place any bets on it, but a blown head gasket will cause overheating too..
A thermostat stuck open will let the water leave the radiator too quickly and so still too hot (not having had time to cool down) apparently. ____________________ I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush.  |
|