Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Derestriction (CBR 600 - 1996)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:51 - 12 Mar 2005    Post subject: Derestriction (CBR 600 - 1996) Reply with quote

Hi, anyone know the exact procedure for derestricting a cbr 600. I got mine today and although it has plenty of poke, its not really smooth enough (lunges about in first, power disappears after second etc).

I havent removed the whole fairing/tank yet (one of the seat bolts seems to be a tad smaller then the other one, so need a slightly smaller socket Rolling Eyes) but ive had a look through the inspection holes (what you can inspect from them i have no idea) and still cant see the ruddy carbs. I think they are flat against the barrels tucked just under the tank. But i cant be certain.

Im assuming its a single washer within each carb body? Any tips? Things to avoid etc?
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mattd
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:23 - 13 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume its just a washer in each of the carb inlet rubber bit, the ones in my GPZ were after the carbs. You'll need to take the fairings off, and then remove the tank. Take the airbox off completely, and then undo the screws holding the carbs onto the manifold.

Just make sure when you put it back together the carb rubbers are nice and snug and don't leak, also watch you don't trap any of the throttle or choke cables...that's pretty much it...you might have to fiddle with the idle a bit.

HTH
____________________
Professional Hobo
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 206 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.58 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 32.72 Kb