Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2019 Honda CRF450L

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:18 - 09 Jul 2018    Post subject: 2019 Honda CRF450L Reply with quote

http://www.advpulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/2019-CRF-450L-dual-sport-motorcycle-m-gray.jpg

Unlike the 250L it'll be made in Japan, not Thailand. It'll apparently make around 40bhp - but, despite the softer tune than the competition 450R etc., the intervals are still going to be a bit tight. E.g. oil every 600 and valves every 1800. Strangely, the 450L is going to get a titanium not a plastic tank - but won't that be cost a lot more? No - because even though Ti is expensive, the actual manufacturing process is loads quicker than forming a tank from plastic!

I'd guess that this 450L won't be much heavier than the 250L.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:30 - 09 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the intervals are still going to be a bit tight. E.g. oil every 600 and valves every 1800.

Thumbs Down Sad Thumbs Down
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DRZ4Hunned
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:09 - 10 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit disappointing that... was hoping there'd be a new DRZ400 (or similar) but this makes a similar HP but the service intervals are a lot more frequent. DRZ400 is oil/ filter at 1500 miles and valves after 7500. Not sure what it weighs but probably not far off a DRZ either.

kgm
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 00:57 - 10 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those service intervals will kill it. A real shame because I'd also like to see a more modern version of the drz. Ideally a bit lighter.

DRZ4Hunned
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:22 - 10 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgm wrote:
Those service intervals will kill it. A real shame because I'd also like to see a more modern version of the drz. Ideally a bit lighter.

And a 6th gear Wink

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:00 - 10 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know personally, as I've said before it depends on if your actually really going to use your bike or not?

With a CRF engine Base for the bike, and those kind of service intervals, I'd expect it to be quite possible to increase performance reliably way past what a DRZ can achieve.

600mile oil change intervals arnt so bad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:23 - 10 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRZ4Hunned wrote:
Bit disappointing that... was hoping there'd be a new DRZ400 (or similar) but this makes a similar HP but the service intervals are a lot more frequent. DRZ400 is oil/ filter at 1500 miles and valves after 7500. Not sure what it weighs but probably not far off a DRZ either.

3000 you mean Thumbs Up I would highly recommend not waiting that long but ya know.

So what's the difference between this bike and this one with an embarrassing 25bhp?

I don't think Suzuki give a flying fuck about the DRZ anymore, us fanboys have long since given up hope on that one. I always pestered the Asian blokes at the Suzuki test ride days I go to and get fobbed off every time, try the GSXS 1000 they say, it's just as good, FFS there's no hope they are only interested in what sells the most Laughing

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:16 - 15 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irn-Bru wrote:
So what's the difference between this bike and this one with an embarrassing 25bhp?

The CRF250l makes 24bhp so I don't get why they'd come up w/ a 400cc bike that adds only one bhp to that. Regardless, I came across this:

http://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/things-to-know-honda-crf450l/

Quote:
There was a rumor going around that this bike only made 24 hp and we can say that is completely false. It looks like a European Honda site mistakenly posted the CRF250Lís hp number for the 450Lís. We asked Honda for a publishable HP number for the 450L and they said it was in the 40s. For dirt bikes, Honda (all OEMís actually) donít give out HP numbers since there are so many variables in dynoíing the bikes. Also, Honda added that there is only a 4 hp difference between the X and L and that the cams and cam timing are exactly the same.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:03 - 15 Jul 2018    Post subject: Re: 2019 Honda CRF450L Reply with quote

Short service intervals, but only a few hp less than the big enduro bike and 15kg less weight than the 250cc street bike - this is definitely the one I'd choose for green laning.

I wonder if adding an oil radiator to increase capacity would give you a bit better service intervals? The adv-rider lot were taking KTM EXCs on long distance journeys with that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1