Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Footpeg springs

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

natefz6
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 06 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:10 - 16 Sep 2019    Post subject: Footpeg springs Reply with quote

Hey all,

Bike is in for an MOT tomorrow, everything is as it should be I think apart from the foot peg springs on both sides are broke. The .gov website says:

2.16 Footrests
These will be inspected to check that they're present and fitted securely.

Well they are fitted and still have the bolt and the split pins in place so i think it meets the criteria but just wanted to check that its not going to fail on them before I take the bike down.
____________________
"no I didn't steal it that's just the way I ride"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:18 - 16 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't all have springs. If yopu ever owned a 250LC, you had to flip up the riders footpeg to kick-start it. I still have scars on my shins.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

natefz6
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 06 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:37 - 16 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
They don't all have springs. If yopu ever owned a 250LC, you had to flip up the riders footpeg to kick-start it. I still have scars on my shins.


Brilliant thanks, the only other thing I have not checked yet is my drive sprocket, job for tonight. Hope its ok Very Happy
____________________
"no I didn't steal it that's just the way I ride"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Nov 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:49 - 16 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The peg springs on my Bandit have been shagged for years. No MOT issues - he did give them a wiggle this year but he was happy they were secure.
____________________
Triumph Sprint ST 1050. And it's Red.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

natefz6
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 06 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:52 - 20 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

All passed, although I had a nudge to replace my number plate bulb.

Thanks all
____________________
"no I didn't steal it that's just the way I ride"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:15 - 20 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
They don't all have springs. If yopu ever owned a 250LC, you had to flip up the riders footpeg to kick-start it. I still have scars on my shins.


Are you sure they are not the scars from one of these sadistic bastirts?

Shocked
____________________
Disclaimer: The comments above may be predicted text and not necessarily the opinion of MCN.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 16 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.3 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 47.92 Kb