Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


VFR mod's

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:02 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: VFR mod's Reply with quote

Right pay day is nearly here for me, I am looking to buy a new lid, I have one in mind so that’s ok.
I love the look of my bike, and as it hasn’t blown up or broken down yet I thought I’d by a few trick bits maybe. Only problem being, WTF do I put on it!?!
At the moment it has some funny foam grips (not good in the rain).
It has a VFR tank protector, silver bars ends and a red after market can, I have no idea what else I can slap on it.
Are L.E.D’s on the wheel’s shite looking??
Apart from that I would like some ideas.

Thanks Thumbs Up
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:09 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crash mushrooms.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:18 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carbon can to replace the ugly red one Laughing
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:28 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spend the money on parts you don't really want as you're just wanting to spend the money and you'll be kicking yourself when you need the money to fix a broken part of it. Expect this to happen, the bike will attempt to commit suicide in an expensive way after you've spent money on shiney parts for it. Razz

Crash mushrooms from R&G, LED's on the wheels are a really bad idea unless you want the valves for the tyres to break off, if the tyres are nearing the end of their life you'll be wanting cash to spend on those shortly, some luggage (tankbag, tail bag and panniers) is always useful to have. Haynes Manual will come in handy at some point I'd expect. Braided brake hoses are worth having (IMO), also have a look at how much life there is left in your brake pads.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:39 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I see exactly what you mean but I was only thinking of things that don’t cost the earth.
Crash mushrooms sound like a good plan, where would they fit on the VFR, does it have spaces for them?

I wouldn’t spend on little trick parts if I needed tyres or pads etc, I don’t really need them at the moment so I thought I could make it look a bit individual.
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Steve H
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Oct 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:41 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've got some spare cash try Checking out the 'top 3 bike related things that you couldn't do without with' which appeared recently, it might give you some good ideas. As for adding more things to your VFR, to be fair I think it looks about as pimped up as you could get at the moment!

If you haven't got one already a trickle charger is always handy, as are waterproofs/comfortable riding gear and as Ste mentioned some decent luggage.

I'm sure you've done it already but if not, check out Hein Gericke on Tewkesbury Road (Cheltenham) which is close to you I think. Always bargains to be had and plenty of stuff to waste your money on Wink

SteveH
____________________
Mellow Yellow
The BCF Top TEN - 2010, 2009, 2008, The Original.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Whitetrash This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:52 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it with VFR owners and tartiness?
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Whitetrash This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:55 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could buy a trackday, more fun and cooler than any anodised tax disc holder.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Whitetrash This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Whitetrash This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:05 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

But with the money he must of spent on that why didn't he just get an R6 anyway, they are much better. Confused
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Steve H
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Oct 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:07 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
You could buy a track day, more fun and cooler than any anodised tax disc holder.


You've obviously never EVER experienced the thrill of spending an hour fitting a tax disk into said anodised holder after rounding out the sodding allen key holes, they also double up as a fancy coaster for your cup of tea when stopped at a roadside cafe prompting looks of envy from those bikers with coffee scolded hands.

Other worthy points of note...

Whilst looking exceptionally blinging Anodised dust caps (matching the aforementioned tax disc holder) are great places to keep your sweetener for your roadside stop if you're watching your waistline but can't drink coffee without the sugary kick.

Coloured Anodised screws (matching above mentioned dust caps and tax disc holder) are lovely and double up as misshapen Skittles if you want to choke your mates on false metallic tasting confectionary.

Don't knock in until you've tried it kid Wink
____________________
Mellow Yellow
The BCF Top TEN - 2010, 2009, 2008, The Original.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Whitetrash This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jrod
Page 3 Girl



Joined: 02 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:11 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done quite a bit of tarty stuff to my bike but I will never spend any serious amount of money on it..... It's only a 400 stepping stone IMO.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Whitetrash This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Whitetrash This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:47 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

But my test is booked and I have a Bandit. Go Figure.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jrod
Page 3 Girl



Joined: 02 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:55 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wanted a tarty 400 shoulda got a ZXR. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:59 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
You could buy a trackday, more fun and cooler than any anodised tax disc holder.


Track days cost £15?!
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Reevo8
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:11 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is with the negativity about tarty 400's?

You guys will really hate me when mine is done!
____________________
05 ZX10R, (**05 WKR) Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:23 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to go on a track day, but I have only just got my VFR, if I came off I wouldn’t be able to get to work or afford to replace the now rare panels probably. Thrashing my bike around a track means I am putting my lively hood at stake. Fuk that.
I guess some of you can afford a car and a bike and repairs if you bin it.
An R6 reminds me of a beamer, usually on Chavie hip hop videos related to bad boys or bad Sunday riders with lollypop leathers, one or the other I don’t care. (Watch channel U booooiiieeeee).

Taking more interest in my VFR, it’s a personal thing now, I have always wanted one since I was a wee lad back in the 90’s and nothing else, and I have the colour scheme I always wanted, I’m living out my dream where as a nightmare for me is a Bandit.
Not really a rant as I don’t feel embarrassed about my 400 but I am getting the same shite I got back when I was chuffed with my 125. Rolling Eyes

Thanks for nothing Sad Middle Finger
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:26 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammyboy wrote:
What is with the negativity about tarty 400's?

You guys will really hate me when mine is done!

People are just saying you might get more enjoyment by spending the money on something other than a shiney tarty part which does not other than be expensive. It it makes you happy to buy shiney parts which don't actually do anything then go for it, I'm not going to make any comments about simple things pleasing simple minds though. Razz

Whitetrash wrote:
just another R6 to go with thousands of others exactly the same

Does there being lots of a bike (or any vehicle) around not tell you something about it? Like its better than the alternatives for most people.
Whitetrash wrote:
why not????????

You might just find lots of other things far more enjoyable than a set of anodised bar ends. Just food for thought.
Jon B wrote:
But my test is booked and I have a Bandit. Go Figure.

I figure that he's jealous. Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nath
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:30 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spend your money on petrol Thumbs Up Wink
____________________
Hard livin', hard luck.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 194 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.5 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 134.3 Kb