 Nath World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:17 - 29 Mar 2005 Post subject: Camchain tension on the Bros |
 |
|
Hi,
Bit of a longshot, but does anyone know how you go about checking/adjusting the camchains on the Bros? I have the link to the NT650 manual but couldn't find anything in there about it
Whilst i'm at it... If I thrash the bike a bit, once it reaches about 8k rpm the engine loses power and makes a harsh noise, sort of like a blowing exhaust. If i'm more smoothe with the throttle and don't try to force it up to the revlimiter, then it will rev cleanly all the way up to the redline without any problems. Yet give it a firstfull and it does this... From the few times i've done it, I also think that it can do this at different engine speeds as well. Between 8k and the redline really(9.5k). Not really a major issue since i've got used to the bike and decided it performs best without revving it to that high, but i'd be interested to know what it might be. Being a bit non-mechanical all I can think is that it's something to do with the carbs? (Considering getting them out for an inspection anyway since the bike has done very few miles over the past year or so).
Cheers. ____________________ Hard livin', hard luck. |
|