Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


R1/R6 + Thundercat calipers problem

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School



Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:02 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: R1/R6 + Thundercat calipers problem Reply with quote

I finally got round to cleaning my front calipers recently, but I came across a problem. Whenever I would squeeze the brake lever only one piston would come out at a time.

The top piston would always come out first, then if I held that one down the opposite one would come out and so on.....

I assume they are all supposed to come out evenly, so how do I fix it?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:03 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

They should come out all at once, but rarely do. If you can easily hold the moving pistons in place so that they all come out easily then I would not worry too much. If you can push them in with your fingers then they are probably as good as you are going to get them.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 188 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.05 Sec - Server Load: 0.84 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 31.92 Kb