Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Galaxy Fold

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Polarbear
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:59 - 22 Dec 2019    Post subject: Galaxy Fold Reply with quote

My youngest daughter just walking in with one and was showing me it.

Now it's a seriously impressive bit of kit from the technical point of view. The big screen opens without any form of hinge in the middle. Once open you cannot tell it is anything other than a tablet type screen.

Having said that I wonder how long before you actually see a mark or line down the fold and is it really anything other than a gimmick.

Anyway, having looked up the price for a non contract and picked myself off the floor I can say with complete certainty, I won't be having one. Laughing
____________________
Triumph Trophy Launch Edition
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Mar 2019
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:27 - 23 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I'm tempted but then I already have a Note 10+

I can't get any serious work done on anything less than 12" Wink I am looking forward to the Razr bendy screen phone - that looks much more useful.
____________________
Yamaha DT175 (WIP) Honda Rebel, Suzuki SV650 (loan) Fazer 600, Keeway Superlight 125, 50cc turd scooter,
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WD Forte
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:01 - 24 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfft
Overpriced gimmicky crap, save yer dosh until holophones come out.
I reckon they're out now but the gubment and men in black dont
want you to know.....
OK, maybe they're probly still in R&D at the "Help me obi-wan you're my only hope"
stage, but soon you'll be able to watch Celebrity come cake dancing in 3d
while you drive down the Motorway.
____________________
1979 CX500 - Zanussi Wd12: - LG Combi Multiwave - Swan 4 slice toaster with removable crumb tray
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:44 - 26 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good if you really need the screen estate and want to fit it in your pocket. Useless for most people though. If are the sort of person who carries an LG gram or a Razer Blade Steath with you all day then this might be a good addition.
____________________
I have taken every effort to trigger you with nano-aggressions
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Oct 2017
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:46 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

People go craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy for the latest tech. CEX had a foldable phone for 1200 or so. Much to my amusement there was a bloke in front buying it. He was weighing in 2 games consoles, loads of games and an iPhone 8. Sad b45t4rd, he looked a right fvcking tramp as well, money could be better spent elsewhere on attire as far as he was concerned.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Jun 2018
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:49 - 14 Jan 2020    Post subject: Re: Galaxy Fold Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
having looked up the price for a non contract and picked myself off the floor I can say with complete certainty, I won't be having one. Laughing

Is it cheaper on contract?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:19 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Re: Galaxy Fold Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
having looked up the price for a non contract and picked myself off the floor I can say with complete certainty, I won't be having one. Laughing

Is it cheaper on contract?


EE do it on contract for 104 a month on a 2 year contract so yes, it is cheaper however you work out what is phone payments and what is network.

I only get SIMs on contract now and buy a phone for a few hundred quid maximum cause I'm tight. Laughing
____________________
Triumph Trophy Launch Edition
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Oct 2017
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:46 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Re: Galaxy Fold Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I only get SIMs on contract now and buy a phone for a few hundred quid maximum cause I'm tight. Laughing


I disagree, it's not being tight it's being sensible. Sod paying a monthly contract just to get the latest phone which will be superseded 6 months into your 2 or 3 year contract. I have a GiffGaff sim which is 10 a month for unlimited minutes and texts and 6GB data which for me is plenty. My phone is mine which cost 45 second hand from Cash Generator. Although I am eligible for a contract I just don't see the point.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:51 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Re: Galaxy Fold Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

I only get SIMs on contract now and buy a phone for a few hundred quid maximum cause I'm tight. Laughing


I disagree, it's not being tight it's being sensible. Sod paying a monthly contract just to get the latest phone which will be superseded 6 months into your 2 or 3 year contract. I have a GiffGaff sim which is 10 a month for unlimited minutes and texts and 6GB data which for me is plenty. My phone is mine which cost 45 second hand from Cash Generator. Although I am eligible for a contract I just don't see the point.


You can get a phone which is about 90% as good from ebay for about 150.
____________________
I have taken every effort to trigger you with nano-aggressions
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Jun 2018
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:06 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Re: Galaxy Fold Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I only get SIMs on contract now and buy a phone for a few hundred quid maximum cause I'm tight. Laughing

I'm tighter! I get a cheap Chinaphone (should have got Umidigi A5 Pro for <80 but got A3 grr!) and Smarty costs me about 5/month for unlimited calls etc plus 4GB data (which I don't generally use).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Oct 2017
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:17 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Re: Galaxy Fold Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

You can get a phone which is about 90% as good from ebay for about 150.


Yep and you own it, no contract rubbish.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Oct 2017
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:24 - 15 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
I'm tighter! I get a cheap Chinaphone (should have got Umidigi A5 Pro for <80 but got A3 grr!) and Smarty costs me about 5/month for unlimited calls etc plus 4GB data (which I don't generally use).


Smarty is a good choice for that. No good for me as 3 gets a p1ss poor signal in Stafford where I live. The Umidigi A5 Pro is a great phone, the wife has one, it has a triple Sony ultra wide camera which is nice.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: enterprise (www) - Page Generation Time: 4.14 Sec - Server Load: 1.46 - MySQL Queries: 16 - CDN Objects: 36 - Page Size: 77.54 Kb