Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Servicing

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

DarrenJ
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 30 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:58 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Servicing Reply with quote

Hi after my recent front brake problems today I've decided to book my Speedfight 100 in for a service, As I've only recently aquired it and the pads were nearly down to the metal I'd feel more confident getting a garage to give the whole bike a once over once I know it's all fine I can continue to do the minor mantanace like brakes, oil change, tyres etc...

I was just wondering as I've never had the pleasure Laughing of paying for a bike service before...

1. If I brought parts myself (Brake Pads front and back) would they be alright using them, I know some places are funny where as they want to buy the stuff themself (and if a cars anything to go on most of them don't have an eye for a bargin )
2. What would I be expecting to pay for a basic service on a 100cc scooter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Thet2
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 04 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:15 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

usually around 50 to 100 quid inc parts (if it's just the basic, air filter, oil, spark plug and checkover) at least thats how much they charge around here. To be honest if it's not under warranty you better do those yourself, it's not as hard as people think, i would only pay if you really need the service history.

Regards.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

OliField
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:00 - 30 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

most the time they make money on charging you extra for the parts, they usually count on getting them cheeper than you, thus making a profit when they charge you usual price. its,like adding a cut without you knowing.
____________________
ZXR400 OWNER
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 190 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.77 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 35.43 Kb