Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Looking for advice on value of bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

napolimp
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 23 Feb 2021
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:32 - 23 Feb 2021    Post subject: Looking for advice on value of bike Reply with quote

Hello,

Novice to bikes and was hoping someone could help me with a query.

I've acquired a Piaggio Vespa - the model is LX 50. It's a 2006 model and appears to be overall in good condition - there are a fair few scratches and marks to the paintwork, but the bike runs well. It has its MOT, and has 11,000 miles on the clock.

Can anyone tell me what the value of this bike might be? I'm sure it's difficult to say without knowing the exact condition but was hoping for a ballpark figure.

Thanks in advance.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 May 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:55 - 23 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standard advice is to look at eBay for similar models (look for actual 'sold' prices rather than the cloud-cuckoo prices which people ask for and don't get any takers) and use that as a starting point:
Eg try:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/422/i.html?_dcat=122177&_fsrp=1&_nkw=vespa+LX50&_from=R40&LH_Sold=1

If you've just 'acquired' this why do you need to know the value? Are you selling it or do you just need a figure for insurance?
____________________
KC100->CB100N->CB250RS--------->DL650AL2->R1200RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

napolimp
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 23 Feb 2021
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:22 - 23 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Standard advice is to look at eBay for similar models (look for actual 'sold' prices rather than the cloud-cuckoo prices which people ask for and don't get any takers) and use that as a starting point:
Eg try:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/422/i.html?_dcat=122177&_fsrp=1&_nkw=vespa+LX50&_from=R40&LH_Sold=1

If you've just 'acquired' this why do you need to know the value? Are you selling it or do you just need a figure for insurance?


Hi,

thanks for the reply. Yes, would like to know the value for insurance purposes and general interest - I'm planning on keeping it for the summer.

I did take a look on eBay but there appeared to be so much fluctuation I wasn't sure what to think.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Britabroad This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

napolimp
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 23 Feb 2021
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:17 - 23 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any further advice? Thanks.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WD Forte
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:30 - 23 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going by Freddies link and as its 14/15 year old 50cc scoot
which are primarily for 16 year olds
I'd say in the region of £600-£800

You can insure it for whatever figure you like but in the event of it
being written off or stolen, the insurance company will tell you
in no uncertain terms what they think its worth and pay up accordingly
____________________
1979 CX500 - Zanussi Wd12: - LG Combi Multiwave - Swan 4 slice toaster with removable crumb tray
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

napolimp
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 23 Feb 2021
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:31 - 23 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:
Going by Freddies link and as its 14/15 year old 50cc scoot
which are primarily for 16 year olds
I'd say in the region of £600-£800

You can insure it for whatever figure you like but in the event of it
being written off or stolen, the insurance company will tell you
in no uncertain terms what they think its worth and pay up accordingly


Thanks for the reply, useful information.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Mar 2019
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:48 - 23 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my experience (and a 50cc scooter being the absolute bottom rung of the automotive ladder) anything with a valid MoT that goes is worth >£300.
____________________
Yamaha XSR700, Honda Rebel, Yamaha DT175, Suzuki SV650 (loan) Fazer 600, Keeway Superlight 125, 50cc turd scooter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

napolimp
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 23 Feb 2021
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:37 - 23 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
From my experience (and a 50cc scooter being the absolute bottom rung of the automotive ladder) anything with a valid MoT that goes is worth >£300.


Thanks for this.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WD Forte
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:20 - 23 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:
Going by Freddies link and as its 14/15 year old 50cc scoot
which are primarily for 16 year olds
I'd say in the region of £600-£800



I meant guess of course as I dont really know
____________________
1979 CX500 - Zanussi Wd12: - LG Combi Multiwave - Swan 4 slice toaster with removable crumb tray
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
  Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.23 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 64.81 Kb