Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Broken rollers

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

bazzaboy2010
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 21 Apr 2019
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:23 - 04 May 2021    Post subject: Broken rollers Reply with quote

August 2020 I bought some new rollers and belt from max Honda spares on eBay. Well yesterday I broke down and at full throttle I have hardly any revs and no drive. Got the bike back home and took a look if the belt was broken which clearly would not of being any thing to do with the Rev problem anyway. But the belt was ok. But wha5 I could not believe which you will see in the picture is the state of the rollers that was removed. So now I am worried that because they look like this it is now ruined my engine.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WD Forte
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:10 - 04 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

How has that ruined the engine?
I only see 4 rollers where's the other two?

looks like a case of buy cheap buy twice to me
Best case, new rollers
Worst case, just buy a new cvt set and fit it.
____________________
1979 CX500 - Zanussi Wd12: - LG Combi Multiwave - Swan 4 slice toaster with removable crumb tray
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

steve the grease
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 26 Jan 2018
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:22 - 05 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheap parts off ebay. Tell meall about it.

New lower arms for my car "Quinton Hazell" brand ( used to be a respected parts brand) Original arms> 18 years. Replacement arms 8 months - rubbers perished to fuck.

Motorbike fork gaiters- perished away before I even finished doing the bike up.

Conclusion The Chinese have some way to go where rubber products are concerned.
____________________
All the above is my personal opinion, you can see my lips move, but I'm talking out of my arse.
I've been riding, and fixing , bikes for 50 years, in that time the more I learn, the less I am absolutely sure of.....
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bazzaboy09
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 30 May 2019
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:15 - 05 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would I have no revs after this happen?

Only took photo of the 4

WD Forte wrote:
How has that ruined the engine?
I only see 4 rollers where's the other two?

looks like a case of buy cheap buy twice to me
Best case, new rollers
Worst case, just buy a new cvt set and fit it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WD Forte
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:54 - 06 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the subframe OK?
____________________
1979 CX500 - Zanussi Wd12: - LG Combi Multiwave - Swan 4 slice toaster with removable crumb tray
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man



Joined: 16 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:07 - 06 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bazzaboy09 wrote:
Why would I have no revs after this happen?



Because your engine was trying to spin a transmission full of broken parts. Replace all the broken bits with decent bits and it should be fine.

On a scooter, stuff going wrong in the gearbox will not affect the engine. Two different things bolted together. They don't even share an oil supply, because the gearbox runs dry.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bazzaboy09
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 30 May 2019
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:32 - 06 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby wrote:
Bazzaboy09 wrote:
Why would I have no revs after this happen?



Because your engine was trying to spin a transmission full of broken parts. Replace all the broken bits with decent bits and it should be fine.

On a scooter, stuff going wrong in the gearbox will not affect the engine. Two different things bolted together. They don't even share an oil supply, because the gearbox runs dry.


There must be another problem then that has happen at the same time. Bike will not start now and it seems it's running to rich. That's why in thought it was maybe of knocked my timing out has you have to turn the variator to get the correct timing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar



Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:29 - 06 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The crank and valve gear are not dependant on the variator The variator is just a convenient way to turn the crank and thus the valve gear

Its the the same as using the back wheel to turn the engine.
____________________
trevor saxe-coburg-gotha:"Remember this simple rule - scooters are for men who like to feel the breeze on their huge, flapping cunt lips."
S̶p̶r̶i̶n̶t̶ ̶S̶T̶ ̶1̶0̶5̶0̶ Astrazeneca first dose 18/3/21
Keeping forums autist free since 2013.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man



Joined: 16 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:57 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the transmission all fixed? If not, fix that before you go looking for problems with the engine. If the variator is in pieces then you're trying to start it with a seriously light flywheel. Engines don't like to run at low speed with little or no weight in the flywheel.

Always fix the problem you know about before you go hunting for more. Otherwise you go down the slippery slope and end up with a bike in its component pieces strewn across your garage floor, and up with the fun or daunting task (depending on your point of view) of putting it all back together.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bazzaboy09
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 30 May 2019
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:00 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put back together and still got the problem

Robby wrote:
Is the transmission all fixed? If not, fix that before you go looking for problems with the engine. If the variator is in pieces then you're trying to start it with a seriously light flywheel. Engines don't like to run at low speed with little or no weight in the flywheel.

Always fix the problem you know about before you go hunting for more. Otherwise you go down the slippery slope and end up with a bike in its component pieces strewn across your garage floor, and up with the fun or daunting task (depending on your point of view) of putting it all back together.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Mar 2019
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:15 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's go back to basics: with the belt/variator off take out the spark plug and turn over the engine by hand. Rotating smoothly? After that it's check for spark and fuel...
____________________
Yamaha XSR700, Honda Rebel, Yamaha DT175, Suzuki SV650 (loan) Fazer 600, Keeway Superlight 125, 50cc turd scooter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
  Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.15 - MySQL Queries: 17 - Page Size: 69.68 Kb