Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Scottish Nationalism

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:52 - 24 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Do you still see signs like that Nobby?

If anything it's the opposite now...

RAF 'pauses job offers for white men' to meet 'impossible' diversity targets

BBC in discrimination row after opening trainee role only to ethnic minorities

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:32 - 24 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for an update?

https://i.imgflip.com/75e6ys.jpg

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:45 - 24 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what world you imagine you live in but.thats not the world I live in.

Ffs the massive majority having a huge hissy fit about the minority wanting equality. Ffs look at yourself.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:49 - 24 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby, why should we worry about bad things that have happened in the past if they don't happen anymore?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:50 - 24 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
the world I live in.

Spare us! Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:53 - 24 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because they are still happening now. The number of people bitching about the uppity people make it clear racism is alive and kicking.

And if you think in using uppity as a throwback to a foregone age, it's just been used by a republican.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:05 - 24 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this still about the scotch stuff about allowing children to choose their gender?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:24 - 24 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Ffs the massive majority having a huge hissy fit about the minority wanting equality.

Equality we could maybe live with (still a bad idea) but it's privilege that's being sought. All the nice jobs must have "representation" why? Feels. Whether the work gets done satisfactorily is not a consideration.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:33 - 24 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Is this still about the scotch stuff about allowing children to choose their gender?

This thread is about Scottish nationalism.
Is Scottish nationalism racist? Is all nationalism racist?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:46 - 24 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Because they are still happening now. The number of people bitching about the uppity people make it clear racism is alive and kicking.

Is it bad in Bristol then?
Who are "the uppity people"?

Quote:
And if you think in using uppity as a throwback to a foregone age, it's just been used by a republican.

In N.I.? Tbf, there are all kinds of bigotry all over the world. Do you think you have a realistic chance of eradicating it all?
Who are YOU complaining about Nobby?

You said recently you had achieved "godhood". Can't you fix it all?
And btw, that must be very harsh for you. I can't imagine what it must be like to look in a mirror and think, "that's it, that's the height of what can be achieved." How disheartening! Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:39 - 24 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbh you do sound very rank and file.

My experience of.the commissioned guys is that they are more enlightened.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:08 - 24 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Sorry, not with you. Explain?
And perhaps answer my other questions (not holding my breath Laughing )?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:29 - 24 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I'm not sure what world you imagine you live in but.thats not the world I live in.

Ffs the massive majority having a huge hissy fit about the minority wanting equality. Ffs look at yourself.

How exactly is excluding people from jobs based on their race and/or gender 'equality'? They want us to for feel guilty for historical discrimination, whilst at the same time doing the same thing to people right now.

Ste wrote:

It's about why the SNP and all the other provincial 'nationalist' parties take a knee whilst waving a rainbow flag.

chickenstrip wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Sorry, not with you. Explain?
And perhaps answer my other questions (not holding my breath Laughing )?

He's calling you a grunt Wink

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:45 - 24 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a technician actually. Air comms, but just as the avionics trades were beginning to see some amalgamation, so I also worked with RWR, TANS and other stuff. On my last posting I was part of the team working on the electronic warfare suite of the Harrier GR7, so mostly dealing with radar stuff. I'll leave box ticking accountancy to the "enlightened" Nobby Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:40 - 25 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
How exactly is excluding people from jobs based on their race and/or gender 'equality'? They want us to for feel guilty for historical discrimination, whilst at the same time doing the same thing to people right now.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c6/d0/cf/c6d0cf52e5d4f3821f9e783e886678b2.png

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:56 - 01 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/kK6LkpfZ94s

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:21 - 16 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Holyrood looks like it will have to drop its gender identity law. It will be interesting to see how many Indies pipe up to argue for it. In my experience, most independence supporters I've known are pretty sexist racist and deeply socially conservative, hardly likely to be able to get their little neep shaped heads around the concept of transsexualism never mind support it.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:30 - 16 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite not supporting the gender recognition reform bill they might still rage at the English for (rightly) opposing it though. In fact that might have been the intention.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:46 - 16 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-lowest-of-the-low/

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 16 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an arrogant move. This is Westminster interfering in legitimate Scottish Government business. It's not a reserved matter.

The bill has wide support especially among under 40s. All this will do is bolster the SNP's popularity and ensure that a single issue GE will result in a landslide.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:57 - 16 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
It's an arrogant move. This is Westminster interfering in legitimate Scottish Government business. It's not a reserved matter.

The bill has wide support especially among under 40s. All this will do is bolster the SNP's popularity and ensure that a single issue GE will result in a landslide.

It's a lunatic bill supported by lunatics.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 16 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

The legal argument is that it contradicts the UK’s equality legislation, despite the Hollyrood bill’s pointed statement that it does not.

Who says it has wide support?

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:19 - 16 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

It's a lunatic bill supported by lunatics.

It's really none of your business though. It doesn't affect you and the people it does affect support it.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:24 - 16 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Islander wrote:

The legal argument is that it contradicts the UK’s equality legislation, despite the Hollyrood bill’s pointed statement that it does not.

Who says it has wide support?

Maybe the rest of the UK should bring themselves up to speed then.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/624/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2023/1/16/9833953c-6049-4dd3-aea9-079a518c8563.jpg

Roll on independence.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:33 - 16 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternatively,
59% of those who responded disagreed with the overall purpose of the Bill

Two-thirds of Scots oppose Scot Govt’s gender self-ID Bill
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 100 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 35 of 48