Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


derestricting nsr, how do I take the plastic tray off?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

ayfy
Nova Slayer



Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:02 - 11 Apr 2005    Post subject: derestricting nsr, how do I take the plastic tray off? Reply with quote

I'm currently in the middle of derestricting my NSR and I'm following the steps provided on nsr125.com. I'm having trouble trying to remove the plastic tray holding the servo motor just above the engine.

It says on the website there's a bolt on the left and a plastic clip on the right. I've taken the bolt out, and I'm assuming where it says plastic clip on the right, it's referring to the bit that sticks out of the frame and into a hole on the tray as I cannot see any plastic clip as such. I've managed to get the tray of the bit sticking out of the frame but the tray still won't budge, it seems like something else is holding it down in the middle or towards the left front.

anyone got any ideas on how I get it off? how many bolts, clips are there that I need to remove?

actually looking at the instructions again, do you need to remove this part to get to the intake tract?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ProXimaCore
Dougal



Joined: 01 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:06 - 11 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never actually got mine out. I had a hard time with mine too. I just loosened it off a bit enough to lift it slightly to get into what I needed. Bt of a tight squeeze though.
____________________
Honda NSR125R -> Suzuki GSXR400R GK76a -> Kawasaki ZX636 B1H -> Honda CBR400RR NC29 -> Nothing Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

fuzz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:42 - 11 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is definately the trickiest part to remove I have come across. The only solution I found was to remove the electrics/pipes on the left and take out the screw. You should then be able to lift it sufficiently to pull up and out towards the left. On the right, it is held in only by two supports that fit into the frame. You may have to bend the tray slightly to get the supports out. Once they're out, turn the tray to the diagonal and lift it out.

On the guide, they say pivot the tray to get to the carb, but it's not impossible to remove it completely, and should give you more room to work.
____________________
https://www.bikepics.com/members/fuzzbcf/
Bikes: '99 NSR125R, '00 SV650S, K1 GSX-R600, '97 CB500, K3 SV1000S, '16 VFR800
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 181 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.45 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 36.63 Kb