Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157 ... 177, 178, 179  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:39 - 17 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clegg?! A bloodsucker that works for Facebook... oh wait... I see. What an unfortunate convergence of terms Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 11:50 - 17 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really allergic to the clegg bites. Got one on my arm earlier in the week and it landed up swollen to nearly double its normal size. Landed up having to take steroids.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:53 - 17 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
So they have their diatribe and you say "Pardon?". Garaunteed they re-launch into their pre-rehersed diatribe again. When they've stopped, give them "I heard you the first time" with as much scorn as you can muster. Then turn round and walk away.

It makes their head explode.

Definitely using this. Laughing

What are your professional experiences with hot weather dog walking btw, do you see many casualties?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:02 - 17 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

What are your professional experiences with hot weather dog walking btw, do you see many casualties?

Only breeds I've seen problems with are the brachycephalic ones (Bulldogs, frenchies etc) which do sometimes get into real bother with heat. Both heat stress and respiratory distress. Mrs stinkwheel had a bulldog in the other night which presented having seizures and died. On further investigation, they'd had it running round the park like a lunatic all afternoon.

We've had a couple of working collies in to be sedated/pinned down and shaved in the last week or so because they were overheating.

I'd say common sense prevails in most cases. Most normal dogs will let you know when they are getting overheated.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:41 - 17 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

For horsefly bites and other insect bites, I recommend using one of these. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09VQ75MLP?ref_=cm_sw_r_mwn_dp_HAH694BNP4G6E70DGJK5

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:47 - 17 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Landed up having to take steroids.

bags first squeeze on your breasts when theyve developed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:42 - 17 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I'm really allergic to the clegg bites. Got one on my arm earlier in the week and it landed up swollen to nearly double its normal size. Landed up having to take steroids.

Do you even lift?

I remember often seeing cleggs swarming around coos clatters in the farmer's fields next to where we lived. I think they were cleggs.

I can't remember being bitten by a clegg. My brother got a bite on the soft skin on his inside of his arm. Was like a ping-pong ball.

Only been stung by one bee.

But was hammered by anopheles mosquitoes in West Africa and got malaria about four times in 6 yrs. Malaria is a cunt.

Tsetse flies are like the tropical cousin of the clegg. They are persistent we bastirts too. I caught one and mashed it. A little grub popped out of its arse. Mashed that too.

Bitten by my Security Python whilst feeding him when I was pished.

Mauled by a Asian tiger once.

Only kidding about the tiger. Embarassed

Last edited by MCN on 14:46 - 17 Jun 2023; edited 1 time in total
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:31 - 17 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:
I was up Essex banging the bit on the side once and something bit me. I woke with hand 3 times the size and infected.

FFS!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:17 - 17 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
For horsefly bites and other insect bites, I recommend using one of these. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09VQ75MLP?ref_=cm_sw_r_mwn_dp_HAH694BNP4G6E70DGJK5

If that's one of those doofers that deliver a small electric shock to the bite area, then they are s4ite.

The do hee-haw for pain or irritation. The Mrs. and I used similar in West Africa. Did nothing really. They only remove some ££ from the pocket.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:58 - 17 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Ste wrote:

If that's one of those doofers that deliver a small electric shock to the bite area, then they are s4ite.

The do hee-haw for pain or irritation. The Mrs. and I used similar in West Africa. Did nothing really. They only remove some ££ from the pocket.

STEs one heats up the area for a few seconds according to the blurb.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:48 - 17 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some giant Germany prit-stick thing for bites. Smelt of piss but did the job.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:45 - 18 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a tub of cooked southern fried chicken breast in the fridge but the dog wont go to bed and i dont want to share
the little bastard fixes me with a stare that he reserves just for food when im eating and guilts me in to sharing Neutral

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:02 - 18 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
have a tub of cooked southern fried chicken breast in the fridge but the dog wont go to bed and i dont want to share
the little bastard fixes me with a stare that he reserves just for food when im eating and guilts me in to sharing Neutral

This post should have been a pm to one of the Mods. Rolling Eyes

Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:09 - 18 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:

STEs one heats up the area for a few seconds according to the blurb.

We tried heating mosquito bites with the hot end of a cigarette too. It took away the itchy in exchange for a burning pain and 3rd deg burn. Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:12 - 18 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forum has entered the toilet zone. Can't delete or edit posts. Rolling Eyes

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:27 - 18 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

We tried heating mosquito bites with the hot end of a cigarette too. It took away the itchy in exchange for a burning pain and 3rd deg burn. Laughing

That's the way. Cigarette, or just a lighter. I was told that mosquitos return to the site of the bite because they vomit into it, causing the itchy inflammation that stops the puncture from closing up. Also, that they deposit their eggs into it, if they can. A naked flame should destroy any eggs.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:24 - 18 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Ste wrote:

It's not one of the electric shock things which are of very limited value.

It's a heat one and I presume the heat kills whatever toxin poison nasty vomit stuff bug bites have. The sooner you use it after being bitten the better but using it a few hours after is still successful.

The heat makes bites stop hurting and it stops them from going puffy as can happen with horsefly bites.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:26 - 18 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
MCN wrote:

That's the way. Cigarette, or just a lighter. I was told that mosquitos return to the site of the bite because they vomit into it, causing the itchy inflammation that stops the puncture from closing up. Also, that they deposit their eggs into it, if they can. A naked flame should destroy any eggs.

The daddy mosquito feeds off nectar.
The mummy feeds off blood. Mummy mosquito needs the protein in blood to.make her eggs.
She then lays her eggs in stagnant water (not seawater).
The eggs hatch into little wiggly bastirts that feed off the micro nutrients in the water. They get oxygen from popping up to the surface frequently.
They then pupate and transform into adults and go hunting for food.

I think bot flies lay eggs on skin which hatch into grubs that can then burrowunder thebskin.
Horriblebastirts..

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:39 - 18 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heat certainly helps with the itch. My suspicion is it causes the histamine containing white blood cells (called mast cells) which accumulate around the site of a bite to release all their histamine at once. It's the histamine that causes the itch. So when you apply heat, it goes mad itchy for a few seconds, then eases off and stays itch free until more histamine containing cells can arrive.

Applying heat to clegg and midge bites to dull the itch is sometimes the only way I can get to sleep but it doesn't seem to lessen the severity my reaction tof clegg bites. My arm is still visibly swollen 4 days later to the extent you can leave a thumb print in the flesh.

The way I react is way more severe than a wee heaty thing is going to fix. It's a straight-up allergic reaction but thankfully not yet in the realms of being an anaphalactic one, there is a delay of several hours before the swelling starts. My concern is it's getting progressively more severe as time goes on and could turn into something more serious

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:18 - 20 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colleagues body odour. Sick

They're not even in the office!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:26 - 20 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Colleagues body odour. Sick

They're not even in the office!

I feel your pain. We had a few like that when I was in London office. It wasn't even that we didn't have showers in the office if you got all sweaty on the tube.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 10:08 - 21 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

My colleagues are just going to have to put up with my body odour until such time as management decide to issue me uniform polo shirts that aren't made of 100% polyester. They are unpleasant for all concerned.

I have told them more than once that they are horrible, sweaty and starting to stink by morning coffee break. I've bought my own cotton scrub tops to operate in because I physically can't stand wearing the polyester ones.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157 ... 177, 178, 179  Next
Page 156 of 179