Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:11 - 21 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fizzer Thou wrote:
As soon as I read the headline I looked for this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoYLKSYnrN0

The factors that could have caused this event might well fill a page,but I would think the top causes could have been the depth of the water,the depth of the tread pattern and its ability to disperse water....amongst many others.

Coming off in wet conditions is never very nice and my first recollection goes back to September 1975 on my way to college.But I put that down to a Nitto 'safety' tyre on the front of my CB125S,which was very soon after changed for an Avon Speedmaster rib.This type of tyre served me well in the wet for many thousands of miles after.

I would also say that confidence in riding in the rain is also a big factor.I could not see anything wrong with riding quickly in very heavy rain on the way home from the WSB in Assen years ago.Many other vehicles were pulling off the road which made it easier,except for a Porsher who decided not to go over ***mph to keep up.

Having ridden dirt bikes for many years has also quickened the reactions whether it was the front or the back that slid out in a big way.Once again,tyre quality and condition made the experience fun instead of dangerous.

It always intrigued me to know what that lassie's dad thought of her hero's 'life saving' endeavour?

I would have crushed the bike with the cnut astride it.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 2 years, 163 days between these two posts...
applic This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:07 - 31 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfpos Thumbs Up
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2