 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 02:25 - 13 Apr 2005 Post subject: Front Brake Squeaking? [HELP!] |
 |
|
Anyone got any idea to stop front brake pads squeaking?
I've bleed the brake line and am certain there is no air in the system, the line is attached fully to the lever and caliper, the front axle and the back of the pads are greased and it still squeaks loudly, it makes the bike stop as expected but just makes lots of noise doing so.
It's a Hope Mono 6ti on a push bike if thats of any help, it's the same mechanics as one on a motorbike so I figure brake sweaking is caused and solved by the same things.
I've run out of ideas and everything I can find on the 'net lists to do the things I've already done.  |
|
 mchaggis World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 02:27 - 13 Apr 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I imagine that even on something that small, you can get glazed brake pads. Have a go at them with some sandpaper and see if there's any improvement? ____________________ I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush.  |
|
 Scotsman37 World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|