Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

General Election 2024

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:08 - 22 May 2024    Post subject: General Election 2024 Reply with quote

Who will you be voting for and why?

I'm not 100% sure. I will probably vote SNP as they are the only real option to get more powers in Edinburgh, perhaps Independance of some description. SNP would want us to join the EU, I'm not sure about that though.

Rishi Sunak actually repulses me. He is just a weed. Jeez and he's actually in charge. Reallly. If it's going to be Tory then I would stick David Cameron in there. Hopefully it won't be a Tory win.

Labour. Can't bring myself to like 'sir' Keir Starmer. Actually are Labour not Tory lights these days.

I'm thinking about moving to Rochdale and giving my support to George Galloway. Man talks some sense.

Scotland under SNP....No prescription charges, no university fees, yep free education. Also under the SNP, reduced collection of my green bin from two to three weeks. Potholes on the road everywhere. Token first minister who's thankfully got the bullet.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:41 - 22 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect a Labour win (who doesn't). I expect Starmer to be under fire from the real left the minute they win. I expect Diane Abbott to be welcomed back into the Labour fold as soon as she wins her seat.

I give it about a month before the honeymoon period ends and the great unwashed start moaning about what Labour are (or aren't) doing for THEM.

I give it 5 years for them to totally bankrupt the country. They have done it everytime they have been in power so why change now?

Hopefully a hung parliament but then that would mean the LibDems, the Greens or the SNP jumping into bed with them.

Where's Screaming Lord Such when you need him.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:03 - 22 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

aint no one standing who im willing to vote for.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:13 - 22 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I give it 5 years for them to totally bankrupt the country.

How are they going to bankrupt the country any more than it already is?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:26 - 22 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

I give it 5 years for them to totally bankrupt the country.

How are they going to bankrupt the country any more than it already is?

“Hold my beer.”
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:46 - 22 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that The UK needs a period of Labour leadership. Their naive young cheerleaders might then come to realise what a set of absolutetwats The Labour clowns are.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:55 - 22 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did someone mention me?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:58 - 22 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

As one old Tory politician said,

"It takes us to do one thing right and Labour to do one thing wrong, and we'll get in again"

Sadly I fear we as an electorate may vote for Roland Rat as the devil we know...

Not me though, I'm either Labour or Green.

Tierbirdy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:58 - 22 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Labour, as they cant possibly be any worse than the absolute clown show the revolving door of Tories have been lately.

With a bit of luck the Tories will be completely fucking obliterated, ideally seats reduced to single digits. Forcing the party to split, and all the batshit insane ones like Truss, Braverman, Mordant, Rees Mogg etc can make their own wierd little fascist-lite "popcons" party or something where they can go back to being a laughing stock on the back benches and never be let anywhere near power again, and we can have an actual Conservative party back again.

I cant believe Rishi thinks hes gonna lead the party into the election, I reckon he'll be binned by the end of the week. The threat of him going "nah fuck you all, election" was the only thing stopping them sacking him off, hes about as popular as a wet turd when you thought it was just a fart.

For all Rishis shouting about "Labour has no plan!" The current Tory party has literally nothing left to offer, beyond "less brown people", "no trannies in the toilets" and "get scroungers back to work". Which frankly the vast majority of people simply dont care about, theyre much more concerned about how much Truss shat all over their mortgage & rent payments than whether foreign students are coming to our unis.

Last edited by Tierbirdy on 20:05 - 22 May 2024; edited 1 time in total

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:59 - 22 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOMSnXDWgAAqiWq?format=jpg&name=900x900
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:32 - 22 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vote Dan. A vote for freedom and treats.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOMt4Z1XIAANqd1?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:42 - 22 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero Seats
Zero Seats
Zero Seats
Zero Seats
Zero Seats

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:45 - 22 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expecting an announcement on purdah starting first thing tomorrow...

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:06 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Labour minority government that will probably fold after 2 years when the left dont get anything they want and start sabotaging the parliamentary system and the civil service, the Anti tory hate soon melts away and turns on the host.

The Tories are a party of chance, they get in and slowly degrade the state when Labour have got ahead of themselves , but the books are already cooked this time so some wacky money making ideas will be interesting, we're all used to high prices and taxes now so what they do might not even cost the average Brit.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:37 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what would happen if Farage got in bed with the Conservatives. People tend to be put under his spell quite easily.

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:48 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Zero Seats
Zero Seats
Zero Seats
Zero Seats
Zero Seats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-x5yunHs5g

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:02 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tierbirdy wrote:
Labour, as they cant possibly be any worse than the absolute clown show the revolving door of Tories have been lately.

I wouldn't bet on that. Labour are capable of truly staggering levels of fuckwittery. The militant/further left part of the party are keeping a low profile lately but they are still there in the background. You can bet they'll be back out in force with their underpants on their head if Labour get elected.

General strike within 6 months followed by Starmers resignation and all the old gang back in place blowing raspberries and squandering money they don't have at the behest of the union top brass would be my prediction.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:00 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s not the Labour Party anymore it’s nearer to how the Conservatives used to be. Maybe that’s why those MPs defected.

None of them are good but the current administration have been absolutely diabolical. National debt is sky high despite saying that austerity measures were needed to reduce it.

The leaving from Europe was poorly thought out, implemented and left the country in a weaker position.
The dipping into the public purse has been impressive.
Leaders so poor that they lost billions. Millions spent on refurbishing press room that hasn’t been seen for years (Sunak could’ve kept dry).
Peerships given to family and son of a kgb member.
The duplicity the stupid amount of billions of track n trace.

Unfortunately for the country the only choice is for change. People rightly so have no trust.
We’ll be choosing between 2 turds. I certainly won’t be voting for the one that stinks like the current one.

Labour will need a very very long tenure to waste and line pockets to the extent of the Conservatives.

Can’t forget that it was the Conservatives that sell the family silver and openly take backhanders then complain when taxes must rise to pay for lack of investment. They have good business connections but has it been for the good of the country. No flipping way has it.

Pinch your nose and choose the least smelly. I don’t expect to be impressed. These are the times of bad leadership throughout the world so why should this country buck the trend.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:03 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's why we all need to tactically vote to get a totally castrated minority government that can limp along mostly doing nothing much until they all wise up and present some good ideas worth voting for.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:52 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're doomed.

But it's fair to say people's standard of living has increased a heck of a lot since I was a lad. Brought up on a council estate with an alcoholic father.

Jeez we had no electricity because my drunk of a father didn't pay the bill. I used to have to push my sisters pushchair down to the harware store for a gas refill, because all we had was a camping stove and gas light. We ran a tiny portable tele of a car battery. I wish I was joking.

Things have gotten better, my dad would still be a cunt but he's deeded Laughing

I'm that down on the whole politics thing. Politicians being basically narcassists with their heads up their own arse and living in an altered reality. Some get found out.

When push comes to shove I'd vote for any party who wants to let more research into cannabis and let people do what they want to do with regard self medication with cannabis. And if they want get that little bit of happiness after a joint.

Maybe I'll waste a vote on Liberal.

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:13 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given what a 'great success' the last 14 years have been on every measurable metric for the working man, I think Id rather shit in my hands and clap than vote tory.
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:17 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone think of something positive the Cuntservatives have done in the last decade or so? You have until 4th July.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Can anyone think of something positive the Cuntservatives have done in the last decade or so? You have until 4th July.

They sort of got Brexit done, although it was pretty inevitable since it was a referendum decision. They didn’t take advantage of it though. Reluctant, perhaps.

Covid was a huge challenge and it’s easy to judge in hindsight but I think they didn’t do too badly. People can bitch about lockdowns, and ‘forced’ vaccinations which didn’t happen, but faced with what might have been the anticipated and serious global pandemic it turned out to be a decent rehearsal, albeit with significant lessons to learn.

As someone who worked on-site throughout the lockdowns the furloughs seemed generous. After a day’s work I became sick of tanned (it was a good Spring) layabouts accompanying their wives to the supermarket for the first time out of boredom, and abusing staff because they had to queue. Idiots.

Apart from that, the Conservatives have entirely wasted their 80-seat majority. Illegal immigration has been a particularly significant failure. Also policing.

The Conservatives deserve to lose, but I fear what’s to come.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:05 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being an old fart who has seen what Labour do to the country, I'm petrified as this is the first time they have ever got in power with no money. Every other time they have had money.

Nobby says 'How are they going to bankrupt the country any more than it already is?' lol. If you have seen the amount of labour governments I have, get ready for a very fucked economy.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:11 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:
We're doomed.

Agreed. Normally I’d dislike a coalition but with the standard of politicians we currently have, the statist, high tax, left-leaning and ineffectual new-Conservatives (having been occupied by people who ought to be Liberals) and the right-leaning new New Labour with its commie wing waiting in the wings there’s not much to choose between the two main parties.

struan80 wrote:
But it's fair to say people's standard of living has increased a heck of a lot since I was a lad. Brought up on a council estate with an alcoholic father.

Sad but your examples are all about your Dad and not the prevailing political situation.

struan80 wrote:
When push comes to shove I'd vote for any party who wants to let more research into cannabis and let people do what they want to do with regard self medication with cannabis. And if they want get that little bit of happiness after a joint.

There may be a role for controlled cannabis medication for some diseases (perhaps better treated by other drugs) but long-term it’s been shown to be neurologically harmful. Still, all drugs have side effects. You pays your money and you makes your choice. Personally I wouldn’t go for it, and if it’s recreational, forget it.
struan80 wrote:
Maybe I'll waste a vote on Liberal.

I used to do this until the Cameron coalition. Wasters. Never again.
struan80 wrote:
I will probably vote SNP as they are the only real option to get more powers in Edinburgh, perhaps Independence of some description.

They’re not interested in independence although it’s been a useful tool to deceive an unchanging 48% of the electorate. Devolution as a means to show how an independent Scotland (or Wales or NI) could thrive has had the opposite outcome.
struan80 wrote:
Scotland under SNP....No prescription charges, no university fees, yep free education.

Freebies? The rUK taxpayer days you’re welcome…
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7