Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Gull arm or Tri arm?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Honda CBR 400 RR which one do you like best?
Gull Arm
80%
 80%  [ 20 ]
Tri Arm
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 25

Author Message

johnsilva
Traffic Copper



Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:51 - 15 Apr 2005    Post subject: Gull arm or Tri arm? Reply with quote

Just wanna see what is more popular of these fab hondas.

John
____________________
Current Bikes: ZX7R P5; KR1S C2; GPX250R F3
Previously: CBR400RR-R; YQ50 Aerox
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:54 - 15 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You missed the option NEITHER. Wink
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:55 - 15 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I prefer Gull arm, but I'm sure wave2k will disagree.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

8316
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 08 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:24 - 15 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally, i think the gull arm looks more trick
Smile
____________________
Now own a Fireblade!! Speed Limits? Bah!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:55 - 15 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear that the triarm produces more power but both are fine machines. I havent yet had a chance to have a go on Claude's Gullarm. Triarms are cheaper mind cos they're older and there are a few lying in good nick for about a grand.
____________________
The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:28 - 15 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

if ur looking at minute differences
the triarm is faster
____________________
Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes



Joined: 02 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:55 - 15 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tri-arm all the way. Thumbs Up Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

fazed
Korn is my hero!



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:11 - 15 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tri-arm is meant to be the better bike in some people's opinion. But I would get a gull-arm for the simple fact part's are easier and they are newer.
____________________
gixxer thou K6 , Cbr400 gullarm x 2 , cb400 superhack.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Last-of-the-nsr's
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 03 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:42 - 15 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gull arms, so much more modern looking and sexier colour schemes, its a babyblade after all! The reason the Gull Arms are down on power is due to some japanese power laws that came in and there are washers welded somewhere around the carb area Confused . Other than that the gull arm wins hands down on looks and better handling! Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DynaMight
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:47 - 16 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted Triarm coz my gf has one.

Newer isnt always better.
____________________
My bikes are at https://www.bikepics.com/members/dynamight/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Boon
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:20 - 16 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triarm all the way (but I think thats coz i have one).

True about the NC29 having better paint, but as mine has a one off paint job it doesn't bother me!

Hi by the way, this is my first post on here!!!
____________________
How can I be so thirsty when I had so much to drink lastnight??
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Boon
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:21 - 16 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triarm all the way (but I think thats coz i have one).

True about the NC29 having better paint, but as mine has a one off paint job it doesn't bother me!

Hi by the way, this is my first post on here!!!
____________________
How can I be so thirsty when I had so much to drink lastnight??
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:51 - 16 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have owned both, and personally I prefer the triarm. It just feels more secure on the road. However, that is personal opinion as to whether you prefer the lighter, more skittery feeling gull over the heavier, safer tri.

The triarm felt better on motorways and was a little more comfortable over long distances and I think they look brilliant.
I like the gull because it's a little lower and easier to move at lower speeds, and it is still a pretty bike.

I am biased, my first real bike was a tri which was stolen and I think I will always miss that bike.
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:22 - 16 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last-of-the-nsr's wrote:
Gull arms, so much more modern looking and sexier colour schemes, its a babyblade after all! The reason the Gull Arms are down on power is due to some japanese power laws that came in and there are washers welded somewhere around the carb area Confused . Other than that the gull arm wins hands down on looks and better handling! Thumbs Up


Only post '94 Jap 400s had the restriction to 54bhp. Only the CBR and the RVF were new enough to have this, VFRs never did due the their age. All Jap import 400ccs had this btw, it was a complete Japanese agreement. Remember UK spec bike I don't think will have this, but I'm not 100% on that. 90%. Wink

If you get a 91-94 Gullarm they will make the same power as the Triarm: 59bhp.

People still say good things about the Triarm, such as certain parts being more sturdy, gearbox and some other bits.

Personally I cannot fault my Gullarm, although I would like to ride a Triarm and see if I can spot many differences.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 234 days between these two posts...

Hotdog
Nearly there...



Joined: 28 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:18 - 06 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titz wrote:
I hear that the triarm produces more power but both are fine machines. I havent yet had a chance to have a go on Claude's Gullarm. Triarms are cheaper mind cos they're older and there are a few lying in good nick for about a grand.


I've ridden both and the Gullarm was certainly not down on power.

It's better looking, newer and higher specced.

Get a triarm only if you are too poor to get the better bike.

The triarm looks gay and dated compared to the gullarm.

Smile
____________________
He's a gentleman, a scholar, he's an-acrobat, he's the one and only truly original.......
Hotdog....(Defender of the weak, the poor and the innocent)
He's The Ace - He's Amazing...He's the Strongest... He's The Quickest.... He's The Best!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:21 - 06 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think you were looking for the other thread, you know, the one that wasn't 8 months ago.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hotdog
Nearly there...



Joined: 28 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:24 - 06 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

picky picky...
____________________
He's a gentleman, a scholar, he's an-acrobat, he's the one and only truly original.......
Hotdog....(Defender of the weak, the poor and the innocent)
He's The Ace - He's Amazing...He's the Strongest... He's The Quickest.... He's The Best!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:26 - 06 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

True to your sig eh.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 302 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.89 - MySQL Queries: 15 - Page Size: 98.77 Kb