Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Gixxer or Cbr

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Gixxer or cbr
Gixxer
50%
 50%  [ 40 ]
Cbr
50%
 50%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 80

Author Message

Fire_Eyes
Crazy Courier



Joined: 07 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:27 - 28 Apr 2005    Post subject: Gixxer or Cbr Reply with quote

I'm in a dillema and I have to decide now. Both would be 2005 models and 600c bikes. I've always wanted a gsxr but in the past few days I've been giving the honda some thought. I love the front, and the underseat exhaust.
____________________
Kawasaki ZZR 400 | K5 GSX-R 600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:34 - 28 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put the GSXR but I think you should go for the 05' ZX6R it looks way better than the CBR and is more fun Laughing

Or be realy differant and go for a Daytona 650 Wink
____________________
Current; 10' Aprilia Dorsoduro 750.
Previous; 05 Triumph Daytona 600, 08' Ducati 1098s.
"Needs a check-up, fae the neck up!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fire_Eyes
Crazy Courier



Joined: 07 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:36 - 28 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably would have went for the ninja but they kawasaki don't have a dealer where I live, Neither to Triumph Thumbs Down .
____________________
Kawasaki ZZR 400 | K5 GSX-R 600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:40 - 28 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad thats a shame where do you live?
____________________
Current; 10' Aprilia Dorsoduro 750.
Previous; 05 Triumph Daytona 600, 08' Ducati 1098s.
"Needs a check-up, fae the neck up!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fire_Eyes
Crazy Courier



Joined: 07 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:44 - 28 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubai, United Arab Emirates. They do have a few Kwak's, my bike is a zzr400 but I wasn't able to find spare peices and had to pay extra money in order to get them custom made. I wouldn't want to go through with that on a 05' 636.
____________________
Kawasaki ZZR 400 | K5 GSX-R 600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:52 - 28 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

True Rolling Eyes at least you have the weather to enjoy your bike.

Get the GSXR if you cant get the Kwak then. Although the GSXR will be the 04' spec Confused where as the CBR is a new/uptated spec for 05' hmmmm

Im making this harder aint I Laughing
____________________
Current; 10' Aprilia Dorsoduro 750.
Previous; 05 Triumph Daytona 600, 08' Ducati 1098s.
"Needs a check-up, fae the neck up!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

plugger147
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:59 - 28 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superbike magazine have just rode the cbr,gsxr,zxr,daytona and a 749s together in a test.they say the cbr is a better bike but go down try the two and see which one you like best.
____________________
Tristan the wrote: just whipped off my trousers to find a big bruise on my arse, caused by matt rear ending me...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fire_Eyes
Crazy Courier



Joined: 07 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:00 - 28 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

WishayKillie wrote:
Im making this harder aint I Laughing


Yes you are Laughing . I think the honda looks sportier but the gixxer is better at low to mid range. Now I really don't care alot about performance since their both very close to each other. But saying that the gixxer was the best for 2004 I'm kinda leaning towards it.
____________________
Kawasaki ZZR 400 | K5 GSX-R 600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:06 - 28 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the CBR is MUCH prettier.

Get that!

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Git
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:56 - 28 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have said many times before,
gsxr if you are a yob/hooligan
cbr if you are a pipe smoking sensible grandad/grandma.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bish777
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:52 - 29 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixxer!

Ive got an old skool oil cooled 1100 and its an ace ride!

Only consider the Honda if you have at least 2 kids, a dog, are at least 40 (50+ really) and smoke out of a clay pipe.
____________________
GSXR1100J
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

woo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:27 - 29 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIXXER!!!

Accept no compromise!!
____________________
Elen sila lummen omentielvo!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RooRoo
Anal Intruder



Joined: 04 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:03 - 29 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a CBR125, extreme power, extreme handling! Twisted Evil
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

NightHawk
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 19 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:32 - 29 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I would prefer the cbr its looks great Very Happy

But what about the yamaha r6, have you considered that bike?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:11 - 29 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test ride them and see which ons suits you best. I'm a Honda man (why I voted that for H.) but if the Suzuki was better for me, I'd buy it. I haven't ridden either so can't really say what's best. And best for me might not be best for you.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fire_Eyes
Crazy Courier



Joined: 07 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:52 - 29 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think about the Yamaha.. don't know why really.. I just don't like the R6 as much. While surfing a Honda forum they were saying that the suzki has a smoother shifter and is more comfortable and better from low to mid range. And seeing that I'm over 6 feet I need something comfy.
____________________
Kawasaki ZZR 400 | K5 GSX-R 600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy99
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 16 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:54 - 29 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know which one i'd go for the cbr every time,not only does it look loads better (imo) but it has the great Honda build quality as opposed to the Suzuki wafer thin 'rub off if you wash it too much' paint. Get test rides as well though and see what they both ride like.
____________________
Nothing gets the point across quite like a raised middle digit.

Just call me General Crazypaws.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fire_Eyes
Crazy Courier



Joined: 07 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:36 - 29 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't offer test rides for some stupid reason . But I think I'm a bit familiar with the RR since I rent a cbr600f4i sport almost every 2 weeks. One thing I can say about the RR is that the seat is hard as hell! After a long ride I couldn't feel my butt anymore Mr. Green .
____________________
Kawasaki ZZR 400 | K5 GSX-R 600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fire_Eyes
Crazy Courier



Joined: 07 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:48 - 29 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The results are too close Sad .
____________________
Kawasaki ZZR 400 | K5 GSX-R 600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Git
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:51 - 29 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know the gsxr makes sense Thumbs Up

I think the best thing to do is grab a ride on each of them if possible and go by what your body tells you.

^^ scrap that just read your other reply.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:29 - 29 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it comes down to it and you really can't decide then it's got to come down to looks, price/deal and what your heart tells you to do.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fire_Eyes
Crazy Courier



Joined: 07 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:54 - 29 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get the Gixxer for 300 quid less. All my life I've wanted a gixxer and suddenly I start to think about the cbr. Does this happen when your about to get the bike of your dreams Confused .
____________________
Kawasaki ZZR 400 | K5 GSX-R 600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RooRoo
Anal Intruder



Joined: 04 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:11 - 29 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the GSX, honestly, just do....I know which I turn to look at when one goes past..and it ain't the CBR
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MikeyC
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:15 - 29 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixxer! Gixxer! Gixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Git
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:21 - 29 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire_Eyes wrote:
All my life I've wanted a gixxer and suddenly I start to think about the cbr. Does this happen when your about to get the bike of your dreams Confused .


I really think you have answered your own question.

"All my life I've wanted a gixxer "

That say's it all, the last minute thoughts of a cbr are like last minute wedding nerves.
Once you have bought it you will be as happy as a happy thing!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 162 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.79 - MySQL Queries: 15 - Page Size: 124.03 Kb