|
|
| Author |
Message |
| gavking |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 gavking Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 23 Feb 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:58 - 30 Apr 2005 Post subject: New XJR400 :D |
 |
|
I went to pick it up yesterday afternoon, having been bikeless for a week after my 125 got stolen. At first it scared the living shit out of me! It was not how i'd imagined it AT ALL! I'm glad (at the moment at least ) that its restricted to 33bhp because it's more than enough power for me!
After the 60 mile ride home, I took it out on some more fun roads and had a wale of a time!
Just thought i'd share
By the way does anyone have a conversion chart for all the speed limits from mph to kmh as it's an import and i cant even get one of those dodgy speedo stickers because its a digital dash. ____________________ XJR400R, Ohlins Shocks, Brembo brakes all round, Full Digital dash, Cockpit fairing, twin lamp headlight. Lookin' Good! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Josh|RD125LC |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Josh|RD125LC World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:00 - 30 Apr 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Pics? ____________________ Honda MBX50 | Yamaha RD125LC | Suzuki RG125F Lucky Strike | Suzuki GSF600S
RD125LC Pictures |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bish777 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bish777 World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Nov 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| epz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 epz Scooby Slapper
Joined: 26 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| gavking |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 gavking Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 23 Feb 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:50 - 01 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
i'll take some pics and post them tomorrow. I've just come back from a 300 mile round trip with a pillion and still feel quite fresh, no aches or pains like i expected. After I took the passenger home the bike felt different all over again except i was a lot more confident. I'm definitly glad i stuck with biking and did my test  ____________________ XJR400R, Ohlins Shocks, Brembo brakes all round, Full Digital dash, Cockpit fairing, twin lamp headlight. Lookin' Good! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Keen |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Keen World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Apr 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:40 - 02 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
nice I always thought those xjr400's looked really cool. You should get it derestricted sooner rather than later though
100km is 62 miles (which i think is why with cars they always quote 0-62 times, in case you were interested). So you can roughly say:
30mph is 50kph
60mph is 100kph
and on the motorway I guess you wanna keep it at 120kph to stay legal (optional)........
I'm living in france this year and the km speedo made me nervous at first, I was worried sometimes that I was going too slow or too fast without knowing it but those rough estimates helped me to get perspective on it. I mean, I tend to just ride as fast as I feel safe normally so the speedo's not that important, but its good to know what 30 is for the towns  ____________________ "he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"- Dr. Johnson |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| epz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 epz Scooby Slapper
Joined: 26 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 155 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|