|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Mister James |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mister James I want to believe!

Joined: 10 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:56 - 02 May 2005 Post subject: Just been for a blast! |
 |
|
I got my Fazer late last summer, so didnt really get to enjoy the weather and go for a decent spin once I'd got to know the bike a bit. I've promised myself that this year would be different, so, having replaced my decent helmet that got smashed up at christmas, I popped out for a little test ride today.
Glorious sunshine, warm tires, bendy roads with national speed limit signs, sparse traffic! What more could you ask for?! Rode from Harrow out to St Albans, then stopped off at a pub on the way back for a cool glass of coke and a chance to stretch out the muscles a bit.
Sitting on a bench by the river, with your bike ticking and pinging next to you as it cools down most be one of the best moments of my year so far!
It was also fantastic to see so many bikers out in force, bumped into plenty of groups riding out, and lots of singles like me blatting along merrily on their own. It must be the first time that every single person I've nodded to has nodded back, even the ped bois! Must be the weather I guess!
I'm going to sit down with an atlas and plan some more extended routes for my next weekend off or rest day, perhaps looking to make a day of it. ____________________ >Soultrader Mister James, I bet you are a copper
>Bazza Wow. Eyes like a shithouse rat, you... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mchaggis |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mchaggis World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 18:59 - 02 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
It rained. I did some work. Um. It was sunny for a while too.
Had a very nice ride on Friday evening though, just spoilt a bit by keeping catching up with traffic on wiggley bits. ____________________ I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:00 - 02 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I went for a nice ride with my SV650....
.... in the back of a van  ____________________ Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| BLOFLY 636 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BLOFLY 636 Brolly Dolly

Joined: 18 Aug 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:00 - 02 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
thats the stuff dreams are made of glad to see you enjoying the weather  ____________________ Those bloody footpegs......they ought to do away with em! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mister James |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mister James I want to believe!

Joined: 10 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dom |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dom World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:03 - 02 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Nicely done. I think anyone who wasn't out today and doesn't have a decent excuse has to be mad. After 7 hours on the road I'm knackered, achy, out of petrol money and smiling.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kram |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kram World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Flip |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Flip Super Spammer

Joined: 28 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:40 - 02 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well it was pissing down with a thunder storm here today.
But I rode to a beach yesterday. Didn't mean to, it was one of those rides where you get to a junction and choose left or right. Rode around for a while ended up at the beach. Motorbikes f*ckin' rock. A fantastic way of wasting a couple of hours and a tank of fuel.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mister James |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mister James I want to believe!

Joined: 10 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Flip |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Flip Super Spammer

Joined: 28 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:47 - 02 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Decent routes everywhere mate. I'm quite lucky to have all the good roads within a short distance. Shame we have so many police here though. They were everywhere today with moble speed cameras. But not yesterday though.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Tot |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Tot World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jun 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:55 - 02 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Shuda went with us to Hastrings then regardless of where you live Sammyboy made a treck and tumbs up to him for doing that! ____________________ The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Steve H |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Steve H World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Oct 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:48 - 02 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sounds like a Great day was had by a load of us today
Me? Well if you're asking got the wife on the back today and went out towards Cirencester, Bibury, Burford, Stow, Bourton O-T Water and then back to Gloucester.
Fantastic Scenery, Superb A Roads and plenty of Bikers - Passed a gaggle (is that the right phrase!) of Harley riders going through Bibury ogling the trout farm and then got overtaken on a fast twisty road between Bibury and Burford by 3 'Litre Maniacs' who to be fair showed superb skill - I was tempted to try to keep up with them but with a pillion I try to be far more responsible than I might be on my own - although even then I still might've been struggling to keep up with their tail lights
I'm sure I'm not alone in enjoying coming up on lines of cars on these type of roads, being able to just blast by as the drivers cast a jealous eye in your direction as you make progress through the traffic is a fantastic feeling and one of the things that make biking so appealing.
Nothing could've spoiled todays ride and even a torrential downpour during the last 15 miles of the ride was enjoyable, the wife laughing manically in my ear as we sped soaking wet through the lanes on the way home - That's what made the speedo hit 3 figures as we dropped into Glos, honest  ____________________ Mellow Yellow
The BCF Top TEN - 2010, 2009, 2008, The Original. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| westendboy7 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 westendboy7 Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 13 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:52 - 02 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I just drove down to Hastings and watched everybody elses bike . Good atmosphere though. Had the sun in my face the roar of bikes in the air. Sweet
Last edited by westendboy7 on 22:16 - 02 May 2005; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Reevo8 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Reevo8 World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Tot |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Tot World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jun 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Liverpoolrobb... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Liverpoolrobb... Crazy Courier

Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| BLOFLY 636 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BLOFLY 636 Brolly Dolly

Joined: 18 Aug 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:59 - 03 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
so when it's summer there does it still rain on the odd day? here in OZ we get hot weather like " make you sick hot " and stuff all rain really only get 2 hours of enjoyable riding weather a day from 5:30-6:30 in the morning and from 6:30-7:30 at night while the suns still up other wise you just can't enjoy yourself without stopping every 30 minutes for a breather and cool down Australia's too bloody hot now or is it just another clue that I am getting old hmmm first I want a BMW now I'm whinging about the weather being too hot oh god no it's happening I'm old.... noooo!  ____________________ Those bloody footpegs......they ought to do away with em! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Adam_P |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Adam_P World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:22 - 03 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I went for a nice little ride out with two of my mates on Thursday morning. Ended up in the middle of France!
(Tis a fooking loooooong way in a single day, over 600 miles there and slightly less back!)
Came back yesterday, weather was mixed, paeges are a pain in the ass for a biker. But it was mega and would do it again. But not for a few days, I'm stiff and sore and would like better weather next time!  ____________________ Colin McRae MBE 1968 - 2007 RIP
Orwell Rolls in his Grave
God is imaginary |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 159 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|