|
|
| Author |
Message |
| John C |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 John C World Chat Champion
Joined: 06 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:34 - 06 May 2005 Post subject: Which NSR for me? |
 |
|
Hi all,
This is my fisrt post so go easy... I'm now in the position of being able to (just about) afford a road bike, but I'm only 20 so it's a 125 for now...I would really appreciate some advice, although I might be pushing my luck with all these questions!
I'm going to buy a NSR because I've read good things about the handling being learner freindly and holding there value and still reasonably quick for a 125, but what are the F/R/RR, does it just relate to the colour? which is best, and how much should I be looking to pay?
I've seen a v/g/c 2003 (black) for £1900 with next to no miles. Is this good? Or are they ten a penny at this price (I don't want to rush in an regret it later)
What should I look for when viewing bikes? and could someone define "high millage" for a 2 stroke?
Oh, and stupid question time...are all nsr125's 2 stroke right?
Thanks in advance everyone 
Last edited by John C on 01:39 - 23 Jun 2006; edited 5 times in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ProXimaCore |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ProXimaCore Dougal

Joined: 01 May 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:48 - 06 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I think the F is the unfaired version and also an older version. Not sure what year they stopped making them though.
The R is the normal faired NSR and I think the RR is usually an import. The imports may be CDI restricted so that could be a right pain in the arse if you want full power.
The one at £1900 sounds like a really good deal to me. As long as everything else is in good condition then I'd say go for it. My '97 NSR sold for £1300 with 17,000 miles on it and about 5 different owners.
High mileage I'd say would be 20,000 onwards for a 2-stroke 125. Around the 15,000 mile mark, you'll probably be looking at having an engine rebuild. Probably around £400 for a mechanic to do.
All NSRs are 2-strokes. The 2003 model was the very last year of them. Then the CBR125 4-stroke replaced it. ____________________ Honda NSR125R -> Suzuki GSXR400R GK76a -> Kawasaki ZX636 B1H -> Honda CBR400RR NC29 -> Nothing  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| John C |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 John C World Chat Champion
Joined: 06 May 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| New York Doll |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 New York Doll Renault 5 Driver

Joined: 14 Feb 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| John C |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 John C World Chat Champion
Joined: 06 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:10 - 06 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks although thats why I'm here, I've looked most of that already,
I thought that they where easy to derestrict, just knock the restrictor out of the exhaust and remove the one in the intake, as per www.nsr125.com.
Is it not just the imports that are costly to restrict because of the CDI restriction???
I'm also confused now, are they liquid cooled or air cooled? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Josh|RD125LC |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Josh|RD125LC World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:31 - 06 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Try the pre-NSR ones the NS125's. They seem pretty nimble, and being Honda, can be quite reliable for a 2t. You can pick these up quite cheap actually. Personally, I wouldn't spend too much on a 125. And before you mention the RG125 that I own, I got that for a very small amount ok
The NS125F is also quite a nice bike, unfaired and pure streetfighter look!
Heres a NS125F and below it is the faired version, NS125R ____________________ Honda MBX50 | Yamaha RD125LC | Suzuki RG125F Lucky Strike | Suzuki GSF600S
RD125LC Pictures |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| John C |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 John C World Chat Champion
Joined: 06 May 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| John C |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 John C World Chat Champion
Joined: 06 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:20 - 08 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I thought they where easy to deristrict.
The NSR had sold.
But now Some ones offered me a TZR with 1 nackered fairing for 500squid.
Whats the general consenus on TZR v's NSR's.
SOD it, Ill make a new post so that more people see it ... could any answers be put in there please  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 157 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|