Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Crunch time...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

LustyLew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:10 - 08 May 2005    Post subject: Crunch time... Reply with quote

Hi guys,

well, as a lot of you know I came off my bike a few weeks ago. I'm now trying to decide what to do, I have started to repair it, but (a) it's going slow and (b) I'm finding it hard to get hold of parts.

Couple that with high mileage (45k) and a tatty appearance I am beginning to consider just giving up on it and getting a new bike. I'm thinking of a Bandit. Smile

Anyone have any suggestions, do I get the ER as cheaply road worthy as possible, or just break it?

Cheers!
____________________
Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:14 - 08 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't break it. Parts for er5's are dirt cheap. Just get it repaired then put it on ebay/biketrader. Or even try and p'ex it if you can.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Chriss
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:15 - 08 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not looked too deeply into get ER-5 parts, however, if there are a lack of them, and seeing how they're lots of peoples first bikes (therefore dropped alot) it might be worth parting it out. Smile

I disliked my Bandit 600, I found it a little heavy, but would like to have one to streetfighter now. Wink
____________________
TheShaggyDA: I've got 3 or 4 pairs that predate my wife, so at least 11.5 years old.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LustyLew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:18 - 08 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parts are OK, if you dont buy original... Kawasaki rear set was £80+VAT from my local dealer. £50+VAT from a breaker, I got it for £25 on eBay, but its the time it's taking to get bits. It's been two weeks and I've still only got the rear set.
____________________
Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 154 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.92 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 39.53 Kb