Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Loyal or not to be loyal??

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

A J
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 04 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:32 - 05 Jun 2005    Post subject: Loyal or not to be loyal?? Reply with quote

I was talking to some other bikers today and they were telling me how they wouldnt switch manufacturers this was especially true with the guys on the harleys but that is what you expect.

But there was a guy on a blade and he was saying that he would always stick with honda and the guy on the ZX9 said that he would always stick with kawasaki , just want to know is this true with a alot of people??



Very Happy Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:34 - 05 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be a lot of people who think their manufacturers are best Confused

Beats me, I'll try any really, although the honda badge does jsut reek of "normality" Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:34 - 05 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not like that at all.

Coincidently, I've had 4 bikes, 2 MZs and 2 Yamahas. No particular reason behind it, I got the second MZ because I liked the first.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

iCraig
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:36 - 05 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think its who they think are best, just what suit that person more or what they have been good with.

For me my favourite is Suzuki, and I shan't be getting any other bike now if its not a Suzuki. I feel like I have an afinity with the Suzuki brand for some reason.
My first bike was a Suzuki, and my 3 favourite bikes have been all Suzuki's, the most reliable was also a Suzuki.

I love Suzuki's basically.

And totally hate Kawasaki's!

/me spits!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ric
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 22 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:38 - 05 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

id go for the best bike in the class i want to move into

altho i wouldn give a second look at a bike made my a manufacturer ive owned if it was good

if that made annnnny sense?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:39 - 05 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a jawa, an MZ (with a Yamaha dervied engine), a kawasaki, a honda and a Suzuki.

It would have to be said, the overall build quality of the MZ is the best of the lot with regard to materials and fittings.

I am a manufacturer tart.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:41 - 05 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ric wrote:
id go for the best bike in the class i want to move into

altho i wouldn give a second look at a bike made my a manufacturer ive owned if it was good

if that made annnnny sense?


nnnot reely
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Johnny GSX-R
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:42 - 05 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned a Kawasaki ZX10b and a Honda CBR1000f at the same time, i hated the Honda but ended up trying several bikes before settling with my CBR1100XX.. I tried a Suzuki Hayabusa but didn't like the bad press i heard about re-calls for this and that (but i have got a deposit on one now), i tried the ZZR1200 but found the seat too low for me. I don't believe in brand loyalty as for me it was merely what bike suited me and my needs at that time.
If Hyosung brought out a 4 cylinder hyper tourer and it was upto the standard then i'd look, much of this brand loyalty is down to deals at the showroom and pure snobbery.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

J.K.R
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:44 - 05 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through a stage of hating hondas (dont know why) Even though i learned to ride on an xl125, and have a transalp just now Laughing
____________________
www.oldskoolsuzuki.info
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Philly46
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 05 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:44 - 05 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owned a Suzuki and now on a Honda but I'm open to anything for the future.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:47 - 05 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go for the best deal I can find at the time for a bike that most suits my needs.
(Or comptley ignore my needs and follow my heart, but the bike not the logo is the important bits Smile ).

I tend to express anti-honda and pro-kawasaki attitudes just because most people seem to express the opposite, rather than actually feeling that way Smile.

(Incidently have owned bikes from all the 'big 4' as well as others, all have good and bad points for them.)


Last edited by G on 21:48 - 05 Jun 2005; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:47 - 05 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think my next bike will be a honda. I would like to ride whatever bike i feel confident and comfortable with. In all honesty, i've only ever ridden 2 bikes that were over 125 cc, one of them was the FZ6 naked and smoto's KLR, fazer seemed pretty heavy at first but it was beginning to grow on me. of the 3 hondas i've ridden, i feel that if i were to ride them purely on ergonomics and feeling, i'd still pick my XR. Likewise with Ric, i'd say for my next bike, i'd have to see what the press say and pick whatever bike is believed to have the best feedback in the particular category i'm interested in, be it adventure sports or tourers or roadsters etc.
____________________
The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ric
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 22 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:49 - 05 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
nnnot reely


Laughing

saying that i want a zx6r (new one) so maybe i have a softspot for kawks
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kingsknight
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Jun 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:56 - 05 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iv had 2 hondas and i cant see myself getting anything else
____________________
TS50 (sold) NS125F (sold) NSR125R-K (write off after 2 crashes) CG125 (nicked) XR125L-3 (Sold )-: ) DR125SM '11 (sold yay) XL125V '12 (In love with this bike) XT600E '04 (fun on the dirt)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mr.z
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:01 - 05 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on my 5th honda... (hopefully keeping this one a while!)

I very very nearly had a yamaha but fate pee'd in my face there...

Just seem to be drawn to them... if i had the money for a new bike i'd have a motoguzzi or maybe a triumph, but i'd still want a honda in the garrage too Razz (my dad mainly had hondas, my uncle had nothing but hondas till he died rideing his, mu mum had a c90 ffs! maybe its genetic?)

Wouldn't not get a particular kind of bike on principle, thats just a little sad..
____________________
>RidingSkills<->Tech Tips<->MyBikes<
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man



Joined: 21 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:11 - 05 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

all my favourite bikes are honda, but i cant really give you a solid reason why, ok i can NR750 and RC45

ive written off a yamaha, destroyed the engine on a triumph, and ive just bought a kawasaki

ive owned 4 honda's and spent the most on them, although the average purchase price of the non honda bikes to this point have been more, and have been newer bikes generally

my dad is a big follower of honda cars, and has bought nothing but, since about 89, honda made a good impression on them when they released the first fuel injection on an average car, and he hasnt looked back since, he bought his first new car last year, a civic, and my mum has the jazz

the local honda (car) dealer has also made a good impression on my dad, even though he does admit they are expensive, and will happily take you for a ride if you let them, he seems to get what he wants out of them

so i guess the loyalty rubs off

they also make the best adverts, have the coolest badge, the best catch phrases, a massive history, a big R&D budget, a tidy website, and generally an abundance of the colour red Cool
____________________
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bish777
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:20 - 05 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive had every one japanese big four and MZ and a Hyosung.

The only one i had blow up was the FZR1000 which i suspect got a rough life in the hands of a previous owner.

The only one to give me lots of jip other than that was my current GSXR1100 but ive worked most of the bugs out now which were mostly electrical (old suzuki disease lol).

My XBR500 ate its cam after it spontaneously blew the rocker gasket and leaked a load of oil.

The most reliable bike of the lot was the MZ.
____________________
GSXR1100J
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore



Joined: 03 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:27 - 05 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm moving from Honda at the end of the season (Beginning of Autumn Razz )to Aprilia. I'll ride with them for a couple of years then I'm going to move to Yamaha.
____________________
https://www.bikepics.com/members/nsrandy/96rs250/ My Bike!

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

numark1
Scared of girls



Joined: 10 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:33 - 05 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki, and a piaggio.

All were very reliable bar the Suzuki which i ended up chucking in the bin as it was costing alot to keep on the road. My dad has stuck with Kawasaki all his life though, although he is thinking about getting the new KTM. Traitor. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:53 - 05 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Had a load of makes. Would probably have any make if it did what I wanted and I fancied it. Tends to be Yamahas that appeal the most for a good blend of abilities for an everyday bike for me.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ts50x0
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 16 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:30 - 06 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

think when im rich enough to buy a red triumph daytona 600 with a british flag nose fairing i will stick with triumph if they keep making good bikes.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy99
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 16 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:17 - 06 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've owned bikes by all the big 4 but i've always had a soft spot for Yamaha's. I've no idea why,maybe it's the styling but that changes so much over the years so maybe it's down to good experiences on those bikes. My first bike was a RD125LC which i thought was great so it was natural to go for a 350LC.
These days with all the bikes in any given class being so close on performance it comes down to which looks better and feels better. I've always liked the styling of the R series so i'm always going to prefer the R1 to the GSXR or 'blade. I dare say someone who owned a GSXR600 would be drawn to the gixer over the R1.
____________________
Nothing gets the point across quite like a raised middle digit.

Just call me General Crazypaws.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:19 - 06 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not loyal to a particular brand but will most probably always buy Japanese bikes, they are reliable and cheap, suits me.

I like Italian Bikes but they all have crap electronics and are very expensive. Smile

Would love a British bike, like a Triumph, if I could afford one. Smile
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Method
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:35 - 06 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just typed about 30lines on the same subject about 3 minutes ago Embarassed

So to save me the effort,

Arrow Honda Thumbs Up Have always treated me well and never had any real trouble with them. Engines seem to take all the stick ive given them without a complaint, good stuff Thumbs Up
____________________
CBT Aug '03 ... Gilera GSM 50 ... Honda NSR 125 Aug '04 ...
Full Test Dec 04... Suzuki GS500 Jan 05... Suzuki SV650 Mar 07... Gixxer 6 K5 May 08... Oh and my 'Rado Wink
My Bikepics.com - No Brakes, No Gears... No Fear.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

biggerjohn
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:47 - 06 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I decided to get a bike I had a good look about read the reviews and decided on a CBF600 I was still looking for a 125cc to get some experience when the dealer made a suggestion about buying new and getting a good price for the trade in.

So both my bikes have been Hondas and I haven’t had any trouble from them at all top that off with a dealer that’s good to me I think I have a healthy respect for the badge.

As for loyalty who knows I like the idea of a Triumph in British racing green but as I cant see me changing bike for a year or two I have no idea if I will be loyal..
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 118 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 1.31 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 130 Kb