Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


CB600 v CBR600

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Prettiest!!
CBR6
63%
 63%  [ 37 ]
CB6
36%
 36%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 58

Author Message

Villers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:01 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: CB600 v CBR600 Reply with quote

Hi guys,

As some of you might know I recently had an accident and was given a hornet to ride about on. Its an 03 spec. I own a CBR600FX which is an 00. I am not a fan of unfaired bikes, but I do like the looks of the hornet. On the other hand I thought the public at large would like the looks of a sportsbike style!

I love the looks of my bike, but have never had any comments on it from others or people at work. Now here starts the problem! Ive had the Hornet since saturday and EVERYONE likes it. Even people at work who don't like bikes like it! People keep telling me this and Im getting annoyed. The worst happened on the way home from work today. I found myself in front of a red unfaired bike and he was right behind me. I thought either i'd pissed him off or he wanted to race. So I gave it large all the way home with him keeping up. We got to a quiet section and he starts to overtake, but stops along side me, lifts up his visor and starts to look the bike up and down. I notice he has an S reg hornet, and he gives a thumbs up, shakes his head and shouts 'nice bike mate'. Its like the bleedin astra advert where the guy chases the car. I couldnt believe it. So above is a poll, I would like to know which you prefer (Try to be as honest as possible about both but please remember I AM human, I DO have a heart and I DO have feelings Laughing ).

Heres some poor pics to remind you.....

https://mpg.cc/VillersPK/img-0093_large.jpg


https://mpg.cc/VillersPK/me_large.jpg
____________________
RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

jay12329
Dr. Evil



Joined: 02 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:15 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is something i've noticed about the hornet, owners like to talk about their bikes. I'm am perticually guilty of this, spying a new 05 hornet across the pits at cadwell last week i pad across to talk to the owner. Spend ages talking to her and her blade owning partner.
Hornets Rock Thumbs Up
J
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Villers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:17 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew I was guaranteed a response of you jay! cheers!
____________________
RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:36 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to say it, but I prefer unfaired bikes. There's just something so much more muscular about them, more manly if you know what I mean. I was looking at a Hornet in the local Honda garage a week or so ago in blazing orange paintwork, and well... sorta... promised myself it as a next bike.

Edit- Oooohhh... It's 50-50 at the moment.
____________________
Bikes: too many, too much for one man to maintain anyway.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:49 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.evilbendy.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_PICT0087.jpg

CBR wins Razz

I like naked bikes, but only when they're big and gnarly. Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

palmer
Fiddled Kiddy



Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:56 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy's cbr6 is sexay.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Zero-G
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 10 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:04 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prefere the Hornet.

It's not that i don't like faired bikes, there's just something about an unfaired bike that a faired bike doesn't have.
____________________
When A Man Loves A Chicken
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

jay12329
Dr. Evil



Joined: 02 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:32 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmer wrote:
Bendy is sexay.

Thats the second time in a week you've said that. Laughing
J
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Gracie Jones
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 31 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:43 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a paint job dude.

The reason everyone is eyeing the Hornet is because it is fresh.

The CBR is definately better looking, but just seems a bit dull. If you gave it a new black shiney coat with some white rim tape and vinyl it would look the business.

Luke
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Villers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:55 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Gracie, now THATS an honest answer.

The truth is though that Im not going to buy a bike and paint it, and Im especially not going to put rim tape on it. The bike after all is a stepping stone. Its not worth a paint job in its current state (or pre crash state at least). I dont think that its stale yet, but I agree with your point on the 'freshness' of the hornet.

I just hope that I get about 2,500 write off price for the CBR then its a big step towards my mille!
____________________
RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Milo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:24 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice no-one mentions the CB600fs... Confused

I love my silver half faired Hornet, and they look much better than the other manufacturers versions.
____________________
Shaft drives rule. Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Villers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:48 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry milo, if I had one in the garage it would have been included!

I blame the hire firm for not bringing me one Laughing

The polls very close. I get the impression hornet owners are very passionate about their bikes!
____________________
RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:09 - 09 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the Hornet wins for me too! Ive seen quite a few Hornets that have been seriously modified and customised/individualised. There is soo much more you can do to an unfaired machine, and the results of the modifications are always more noticable. I must admit i dont like the CBR600F that much, its a great performing 600, but the styling is bland, and there are 1000's of them out there just the same as yours. Its rare that you would find 2 older hornets that look identical. As for fun, the upright riding position, wider bars and better steering lock, make town riding more of a pleasure than a pain. The lower gearing makes the bike feel more snappy at low speed acceleration, and the smaller dimensions, and narrower width of the machine make it feel lighter than a sports bike, even if it isnt.
I think the average person is less impressed by a sports bike, than they would be by a striking shiney and radical looking streetfighter/retro/performance naked bike. Sports bikes are there to impress bikers, not the general public.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:16 - 09 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dad has a half faired Hornet, I dunno what it is, but I think it's because the rear and end and the high level can look really good together. Thumbs Up
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Villers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:28 - 09 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
its a great performing 600, but the styling is bland, and there are 1000's of them out there just the same as yours. Its rare that you would find 2 older hornets that look identical. As for fun, the upright riding position, wider bars and better steering lock, make town riding more of a pleasure than a pain. The lower gearing makes the bike feel more snappy at low speed acceleration, and the smaller dimensions, and narrower width of the machine make it feel lighter than a sports bike, even if it isnt.


I totally agree, I must be honest I picked my bike because it represented the best financial offer and smiles per pound, but I dont think I would go as far as bland Laughing

The hornet is a lot snappier at low speed and has a quick throttle response, which makes it a bit of a pain in the arse when just pootling along. I do like the lower down range of power and the upright position. But as you can see from the picture I like to be ducked down and i get my thrills from going too fast, which the hornet jsut wont let me do.

The CB has a far lower seat then my FX, I can put both feet flat on the ground easily and feel the suspension sag as I sit on it. Its made me think that when (or if Sad ) I get the CBR back I'm going to have the suspension softened up that tiny bit more.

The weight of the bike feels non-existant when riding, and the bike feels shorter. I almost feel like im leaning over the bars at some point!

Another point, and nothing to do with the two different bikes, but its amazing how much you get used to the tyres on your own bike. I have BT014's on the CBR and theres some michelin things on the CB. Ive had the CB sliding all over giving it too much coming out of junctions and all sorts. Whereas the Bridgestones never do that!

Wink
____________________
RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:35 - 09 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero-G wrote:
there's just something about an unfaired bike that a faired bike doesn't have.


Yeh, complete annoyance when selling.

How many mint faired bikes compared to unfaired bikes have you seen? Engines will be in exactly the same state, just hidden on faired.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Villers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:41 - 09 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be suprised if the engine on the hornet is in a good state when it goes back, to coin a phrase ' Im beating it like a rented mule'. Which it is, so to speak!

I can see the advantages when it comes to maintenance too, I never knew where or what a Cam Chain Tensioner looked like in real life, I had considered taking off the fairings on the CBR but when I got the hornet it was like 'right there', as was the oil filter etc etc, makes it all look a piece of piss tbh!
____________________
RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:52 - 09 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Villers wrote:

I can see the advantages when it comes to maintenance too, I never knew where or what a Cam Chain Tensioner looked like in real life, I had considered taking off the fairings on the CBR but when I got the hornet it was like 'right there', as was the oil filter etc etc, makes it all look a piece of piss tbh!


Its more the, can i be arsed to undo 20 odd bolts, put the fairing somewhere safe and then locktite them all back up again just to check xy or z.

Takes me about 15 to take it off and about 30 to put back on Thumbs Down

Never mind

Oh and the cbr6 engine /looks/ like a piece of piss to work on, but trust hondas really really packed it in there Crying or Very sad

Oil filters piece of piss to change tho, gives you a happy feeling.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Villers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:55 - 09 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The oil filter and simple things were what I was talking about Ricardo, Ive brken too many things that are expensive by trying to save a few quid and doing it myself. I wouldnt attempt too much on my own. I could change the filter on the CB in like five minutes, but on the CBR as you say is plastic-fantastic all round and the hlf hour routine getting it all back on right!
____________________
RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Milo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:59 - 09 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

[girl mode]Hornets are just so pretty![/girl mode]
____________________
Shaft drives rule. Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cbrbiker
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 17 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:25 - 09 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

FX without question Villers. Only bike that could top that would be an RR! Wink
____________________
My Bikepics page
www.trackdaypix.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Villers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:49 - 09 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure I like the cb600Fs TBH Confused
____________________
RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Josh|RD125LC
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:51 - 09 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the CBR. Praying
____________________
Honda MBX50 | Yamaha RD125LC | Suzuki RG125F Lucky Strike | Suzuki GSF600S
RD125LC Pictures
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Slickfish
Crazy Courier



Joined: 24 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:00 - 09 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I traded my 52 plate hornet for my CBR6RR, I prefer the RR but the Hornet is by far the best looking Jap naked bike!, and bellow 100mph It will hang with my RR without to much hastle!.

I am thinking about going back to a hornet next year.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

kb-zxr
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 01 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:10 - 09 Jun 2005    Post subject: Re: CB600 v CBR600 Reply with quote

Villers wrote:
Hi guys,

As some of you might know I recently had an accident and was given a hornet to ride about on. Its an 03 spec. I own a CBR600FX which is an 00. I am not a fan of unfaired bikes, but I do like the looks of the hornet. On the other hand I thought the public at large would like the looks of a sportsbike style!

I love the looks of my bike, but have never had any comments on it from others or people at work. Now here starts the problem! Ive had the Hornet since saturday and EVERYONE likes it. Even people at work who don't like bikes like it! People keep telling me this and Im getting annoyed. The worst happened on the way home from work today. I found myself in front of a red unfaired bike and he was right behind me. I thought either i'd pissed him off or he wanted to race. So I gave it large all the way home with him keeping up. We got to a quiet section and he starts to overtake, but stops along side me, lifts up his visor and starts to look the bike up and down. I notice he has an S reg hornet, and he gives a thumbs up, shakes his head and shouts 'nice bike mate'. Its like the bleedin astra advert where the guy chases the car. I couldnt believe it. So above is a poll, I would like to know which you prefer (Try to be as honest as possible about both but please remember I AM human, I DO have a heart and I DO have feelings Laughing ).

Heres some poor pics to remind you.....

https://mpg.cc/VillersPK/img-0093_large.jpg


https://mpg.cc/VillersPK/me_large.jpg


Yeah Hornet is definately better. Sell me the CBR for really cheap!!! Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 129 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.79 - MySQL Queries: 15 - Page Size: 132.88 Kb