Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


where can I buy herne genkie?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:43 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: where can I buy herne genkie? Reply with quote

This brand (hein gernkie )seems to be highly rated by many bikers and many people on these forums , my question is where can you buy their stuff? , none of the local bike shops seem to sell anything of theirs , and their website tricks you into thinking it works online and you can buy stuff then tells you a coming soon notice over the screen , anybody know where I can buy somewhere near or around Manchester?

Thanks
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie



Joined: 22 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:47 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hein Gericke Website wrote:
Hein Gericke Manchester

* 209 Bury New Road, Salford M8 8DU
* Phone: 0161 792 9604
* Email: [email protected]

____________________
BCF: Be yourself, just don't be an arse.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:03 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm thanks! , I travel to work on a road parrallel that particular road and never passed it , don't like that road seen too much crime there.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

binge
Emo Kiddy



Joined: 03 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:08 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Re: where can I buy herne genkie? Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
herne genkie?



LMAO!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:28 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, they could really do with rebranding themselves. Google on any of the various possible ways of misspelling the company name and you come up with hundreds of hits. Makes finding the website very difficult.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Josh|RD125LC
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:41 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only noticed about a month ago a Hein Gericke shop in Plymouth. And I been living here for years! Its just in a place that has never really had decent shops before. Might have to make a trip there when the RG is on the road.
____________________
Honda MBX50 | Yamaha RD125LC | Suzuki RG125F Lucky Strike | Suzuki GSF600S
RD125LC Pictures
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hugo-a-gogo
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:11 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

the original shop is just round the corner from me Wink
____________________
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous."
Hunter S Thompson
clicky 4 bikey
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:28 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You live in Germany?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hugo-a-gogo
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:31 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep. 1st shop he opened was in düsseldorf. he sold the company a while ago though
____________________
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous."
Hunter S Thompson
clicky 4 bikey
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:50 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Smile I went for an interview with Hein Gericke in Aintree ages ago just before it opened!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:54 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

red black and white signage...very striking
they do do a catalogue but their p&p is VERY expensive!
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:28 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guys at kenton are sound guys. I got me a 3 quid discount on my brand new gloves yesterday. During their sales, you will get PLENTY of decent bargains like half price lids, suits and the like.
____________________
The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dansuresh
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:40 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

toby, do u work in hein gericke???

I have in ther a few times and might have seen u if u work there but didnt know!

Dan
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mchaggis
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:13 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:
red black and white signage...very striking
they do do a catalogue but their p&p is VERY expensive!


They sent us our stuff free by post when they didn't have what we were looking for in their shop, but did have it in their catalogue.
____________________
I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Stu_666
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 27 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:44 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did'nt realise there was a bloke actually called Hein Gerike until I saw a small article on him in BIKE this month Laughing Opened up a store down my way recently and they were pretty helpful when I went in there.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore



Joined: 03 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:54 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

They told me when I bought my gloves and back protector that I should really waterproof my gloves (Alpinestars GP-Pro) and they showed me how to use a new bottle of leather waterproofer - I cheekily said "can you throw that in?" and they sorta looked at each other and went "ummm, yeah okay"
I've still got it sitting about somewhere Very Happy .
____________________
https://www.bikepics.com/members/nsrandy/96rs250/ My Bike!

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

king756
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 23 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:59 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popped into the manchester branch yesterday, they had a delivery in but unfortunatley not their own brand luggage which I whent down for last week and told me should be in for friday last week. Aprently they'll have another big delivery this friday.

It's probally not as nice an area as the new road, but it seems safe enough in the day. I've walked up there a few times from victoria when I've been bikeless and was after some gear.

Wouldn't want to be out round there late at night though Confused

I'd say it's located halfway between strangeways at the city centre end and mcDonalds at the other end.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:08 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

dansuresh wrote:
toby, do u work in hein gericke???

I have in ther a few times and might have seen u if u work there but didnt know!

Dan


No, they recruited for the new store internally in the end... I didn't get the job! Which is quite fucking handy as it doesn't even compare to the job I have now! Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:07 - 08 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, the Hein Gericke at Kenton got robbed of about a couple of grandsworths of goods on bank holiday. Purpetrators, 6 black riders on Gixxers and R1's who came into the store, trying out all the goods i.e. alpinestars race suits and Arai's that weren't secured by the security tag and went out the store with it. The guy tried to chase them and this dude was trying to hustle his "stolen & unisured R1" into a U turn and nearly fell off.

Anyhoo, they sped off down the M1 on the way to bump another HG branch at Luton, only to discover one of the bastards had been involved in a fatal accident. Police who were in pursuit then filled the guys at HG with the gory details. Ironically, had he been wearing his stolen arai, it would have probably saved his head. The other guys were filming his bredrin dying as his lid split open fracturing his head.

This is what the store clerk was telling me. Any of you guys heard of anything of this sort happening in local circles?

I've been offered opportunities to work at the kenton branch during holidays, but i've never heard from them following through. Rolling Eyes Still though, they're top notch guys.
____________________
The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:44 - 09 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

king756 wrote:
Wouldn't want to be out round there late at night though Confused

I'd say it's located halfway between strangeways at the city centre end and mcDonalds at the other end.


I went yesterday and thought whoa (way out of my price bracket ,stick with mr belstaff and Knox till I get a better job)

its right next to the Mercedes benz van division , between Gordon Bennets clothing.

Don't ever think of going there at night its nearby the manchester death zone as put it , if you are coming from Manchester and turn to the street to the left that street is HIGHLY dangerous when I used to take the bus into the city which went down this route buses were cancelled to go on that side road as buses were ambushed by chavs with rocks hanging from trees , laser pointers etc.

While on the bus I even remember seeing a granny get beaten up by a bunch of thugs for her hangbag ,


beware the speed camera towards bury though a little further up and the camera enforced bus lanes.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:51 - 09 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchaggis wrote:
...sent us our stuff free by post when they didn't have what we were looking for in their shop, but did have it in their catalogue.

That's what I find with HG, their shops are quite tiny and don't tend to stock a full range of sizes. I tend to end up having to order the right size which means paying for it up front. They do say if it's not right when they get it and I try it they'll do a refund, but touch wood, everying I've ordered I've wanted and was the correct fit.
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:58 - 09 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

you haven't seen tiny till you've seen The Thacker family's Speedwells (Radcliffe metro station just to the side of the ramp)
they have a shop the size of my living room and yet manage to cram in lots of bikes and a good selection of gear , they are fairly good blokes.

the Manchester HG is quite large
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BikerBen
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 07 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:06 - 09 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work in Hern Genkie. It is very similar to Hein Gericke yet with a touch of retard. We sell one and two piece suits made out of a Hern Genkie trade mark fabric (being silk, so smooth on the skin yet so kind to the road)

Visit us for our wide selection of :

Arrow Gloves, fingerless gloves for added 'Genkie Style'

Arrow Helmets, wide selection of trademark 'Genkie Glass' helmets made purely out of glass for that real '360' degree view.

Arrow Need your motorbike serviced? Come in and we will give it the Genkie once over. Our 9 foot Norwegian 'mechanic', who has a wang two feet bigger and wider than his height, will personally stick it in your end can and clean out your pipes.

Just call 0800-HERN-GENKIE for our wide range or services.
____________________
My NSR --> https://members.boards.ie/instinct/Diagonal.jpg
Now proud owner of a 1999 ZXR 400
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:09 - 09 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
...went yesterday and thought whoa (way out of my price bracket ,stick with mr belstaff and Knox till I get a better job)...

I used to think HG were on the expensive side and spent money on other gear. However, I was never really happy with the fit of some stuff and other things like gloves just needed replacement too quickly. So took the plunge and went looking for a new fabric jacket, priced at around the same as others (Buffallo, Akito, etc.) and have been happy with HG stuff ever since. It does seem well put together, it is designed to fit, is in European sizes and IMO is good value for money. The HG flexible armour is really good, hardly noticable but from experience does the job Thumbs Up, if you do have other jacket/trousers this is one thing I'd recommend buying from HG and fitting into what you wear. If you look around the shop (or in the catalogue) you can find cheaper alternatives and they're even better value when they've a sale on Thumbs Up Very Happy
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 122 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.91 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 131.1 Kb