Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


GPZ500S owners please help me!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

landy.s11a
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 19 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:17 - 16 Jun 2005    Post subject: GPZ500S owners please help me! Reply with quote

I have just refitted the carbs on the gpz after fitting a new idle screw, I have not touched any other screw or part of the carb to adjust it or change it, the bike was starting first time every time but the idle screw was snapped after a friendly neighbour with smaller hands turned it too much, now it is turning over but not catching, there is fuel getting through, but it just turns until the battery dies,
I have now run out of questions and answers and am hoping some new ideas can be passed my way,

thank you in advance

Lee
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iCraig
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:13 - 16 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably need to adjust the idle speed, as thats what happened when I put the cabrs back on after cleaning them on my bike.

Try running it with the choke on if, runs like that then its definatly the idle speed.

Also if you need a set of carbs I have set for sale, ready and cleaned for £15 + postage. They were on ebay but didn't sell.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

landy.s11a
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 19 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:09 - 16 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Craig
I have tried it with the choke on and it will not catch, I already have a new recon carb, but thanks for the offer,

I suppose I'll have to strip it down again and start from scratch again.

Thanks for the advice

Lee
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:29 - 16 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Assuming that you have not disturbed any wiring.

You have not switched it to reserve to start it have you? Our GPZ is bad for getting water into the fuel tank, which is a pain when you try to use reserve.

Try using something like WD40 sprayed into the airbox (take the lid off and the filter out) and see if it tries to start.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

landy.s11a
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 19 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:57 - 16 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kieth

Yes you are absolutely right,
I did'nt notice I'd left it on reserve until afterward, I will give the wd40 a go before I start to rip it apart again.

Thanks

Lee
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 116 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.89 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 45.07 Kb