 Chriss World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 May 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 03:46 - 16 Jun 2005 Post subject: Producting Own Taillight |
 |
|
(I hope this is in the right section!)
Due to no one making a clear tail light unit for the Daytona 600, I resorted to getting a spare tail light unit for cheap, using a dremmel to cut the lenses out (it's a complete sealed unit) and using plaster paris to make a mould of the inside and outside lenses that I cut off. Now, I need something to make the new, clear lenses out off. Also, any clues on how to make slightly tinted tail light lenses. I never thought this process through really, so I could do with any help!
Thanks a lot!  ____________________ TheShaggyDA: I've got 3 or 4 pairs that predate my wife, so at least 11.5 years old. |
|
 Dom_ Points Mean Prizes

Joined: 02 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:30 - 16 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Cover them with tights. I've seen that done before.
I'm not sure mate, but make sure they have enough ventilation to the bulbs, you don't want to be melting you new tail light.  |
|
 Chriss World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 May 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:35 - 16 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm going to try using LEDs, as they're not so hot, but also clear when off, and red when on.
Thanks for the tip though.  ____________________ TheShaggyDA: I've got 3 or 4 pairs that predate my wife, so at least 11.5 years old. |
|
 Bezzer World Chat Champion
Joined: 14 Apr 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 23:40 - 16 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
You need clear resin, the kind you use to cast paperweights with things embedded in them etc. Large model/hobby type places stock it or have a look at
https://www.e-pastimes.co.uk/acatalog/Clear_Resin.html ____________________ I used to be indecisive but now I'm not quite so sure. |
|