Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


I'm a biker again....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:07 - 23 Jun 2005    Post subject: I'm a biker again.... Reply with quote

Well, after crashing my 125 in October last year and badly hurting myself, then having it nicked in January I went through a phase where I just gave up on bikes.

Well, today I went out and bought this https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9807&item=4557491681&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW Very Happy

Cost me £1375 and safe to say it is the NUTS. That Micron can on it is so loud it's untrue Very Happy

Anyway, got my theory test booked for the 5th of next month, so hopefully if I pass I'll be doing my test soon after that. Hopefully wont be long before I'll be coming out on some rideouts with some of you guys Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mr.z
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:13 - 23 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work Thumbs Up

Bikeing is dangerously addictive!

Good luck with the new bike, take care its still a serious bit of bike!

Make sure you keep eveything cleaned and empty out any fuel from the carbs if its not going anywhere to stop it getting gummed up and stop you haveing problems later on..

Have fun Thumbs Up
____________________
>RidingSkills<->Tech Tips<->MyBikes<
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Josh|RD125LC
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:16 - 23 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you got a bargain there. I was eyeing that one up on ebay, looks a very nice bike, I like the red, goes with the bike quite well. Have fun on it and ride safe. Smile
____________________
Honda MBX50 | Yamaha RD125LC | Suzuki RG125F Lucky Strike | Suzuki GSF600S
RD125LC Pictures
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TOM M
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:36 - 23 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice Thumbs Up
____________________
Now owner of a 1200 Bandit
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave H
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:53 - 24 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a nice bike, and I like the colour, but am I right in thinking the fairings are from a much newer model? I hope you checked it over well for other damage.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:04 - 24 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave H wrote:
Looks like a nice bike, and I like the colour, but am I right in thinking the fairings are from a much newer model? I hope you checked it over well for other damage.


Yeah, I checked it properly. Went with my old man who's a spanner monkey, and he'd know full well if there were any problems and it checked out fine.

He took me to work and back on it today, was hitting 125 on the clock 2 up, so it's safe to say it flies Twisted Evil
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew



Joined: 05 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:07 - 24 Jun 2005    Post subject: Re: I'm a biker again.... Reply with quote

Reflex wrote:
Cost me £1375

Christ, thats about what I paid for a brand new Kaw 900 when I was 17......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:18 - 24 Jun 2005    Post subject: Re: I'm a biker again.... Reply with quote

ZRX61 wrote:
Reflex wrote:
Cost me £1375

Christ, thats about what I paid for a brand new Kaw 900 when I was 17......


That's a VERY good price for that bike mate. My old man was worried about the price, but a standard one without the paint job, no can etc. goes for about £1500 with more miles.

I'm happy with it anyway Very Happy Twisted Evil Very Happy
____________________
'90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 106 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.77 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 57.4 Kb