Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Days like this make you glad you ride into London on a Bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

tintin
Traffic Copper



Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:50 - 07 Jul 2005    Post subject: Days like this make you glad you ride into London on a Bike Reply with quote

Personally I would rather take my chances with the traffic than be blown up on the tube. Our office is not far from Russell Square. Luckily all my staff arrived safely, but they are all worrying how they are going to get home again tonight. If I had a spare helmet I would take them all home myself.

I hope nobody else here was affected by today's tragic events.
What in the world do these people want or expect to achieve?
____________________
The older I get the better I was
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

natefz6
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 06 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:52 - 07 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to hear im in ther strand.

No one can get home at the mo... well no one bar me!
____________________
"no I didn't steal it that's just the way I ride"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

natefz6
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 06 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:52 - 07 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry meant good to hear you are OK
____________________
"no I didn't steal it that's just the way I ride"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Korn
Admin



Joined: 01 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:54 - 07 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at work at the moment in central London, very glad I took the XR to work this morning instead of the train/tube. I know I'm getting home tonight at least, there's nothing much that can hold up a dirt bike...
____________________
3516 Miles, 11 Countries
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Hennessy
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 18 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:10 - 07 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, my respects to those who lost their lives in this tragic event! Secondly, I'm not at work considering I've had an accident and can't actually walk at the moment! But however, I could be in that disaster if we'd had a job on in London today... I've rang the lads from work and their all fine, but no one can get home tonight.

What the hell do these people expect to achieve by blowing stuff up, it's just going to make us retaliate and then what? More lives lost?

Couldn't have they just written a letter sayin how angry they were!

-Hennessy
____________________
"I Kick Into Fifth Gear and Tear The Roads Apart,
You'll Be Like Lil Jon Q and Get A Change Of Heart!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kirmit
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:20 - 07 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, my thoughts go out to everyone who's been effected by the events today.

I work in Euston Road near the station, the roads are empty at the moment.

All please be cafefull on your way home tonight.
____________________
When riding fast, think fast. When riding slow.. speed up.
Grey Honda Cityfly 125 || Red Suzuki Bandit 600 & Blue Suzuki SV650SK5|| Red Honda VTR 1000-F2
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DEN MONKEY
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:41 - 07 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the best from here in Australia to you guys. Hope everyone is safe and well after todays tragic events.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dracan
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:43 - 07 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Oxford, and a few of us from work have a meeting in London in 2 weeks. They were all planning on getting the train in, and I was thinking about going down on my bike just for the ride. The disaster today has made up my mind. I'm sure the trains will be back in order by then - but I'm not going near them.

My condolences to all those injured/killed in the bombings today.
____________________
Honda CBR600RR - 2004
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:56 - 07 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many are going to die in car accidents as everyone decides to drive now Neutral.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:29 - 07 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm rather glad I DIDN'T take my dad to work this morning. My dad's office is just down the road at aldwych/Strand and every day for the last week or two, i've been taking him past Euston and Bloomsbury. I usually leave my home at Edgware at 8-8.15 and end up heading down Euston at around 9ish. Waking up late caused my dad to be frantic on the bus as he left at 8.30, so he was relatively safe as it takes him about 45 mins to get into the zone 1 territory. I can only imagine what it would have felt like to be filtering past that no 30 bus as it exploded Shocked Thumbs Down

In all honesty, i can be proud as a Londoner that our citizens showed determination and reziliance in the face of terror and evil. In spite of the sombre mood, i still thought that through the way the emmergency services acted, we showed a big Middle Finger Middle Finger to the perpetrators. But the tragic outcome is still there with many more feared dead. My deepest prayers are with those who have passed away.
____________________
The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 94 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.7 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 65.14 Kb