Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


GSX600F suspension

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Ichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:37 - 30 Jul 2005    Post subject: GSX600F suspension Reply with quote

Hi,I have a '88 GSX600F. I want to replace the suspension, front and rear, since it tends to feel a little bit soft and bouncy, its probably all original and there is nearly 30k on the clock. The condition of most of the stuff i've been offered 2nd hand is no better than I already have. I don't really want to replace with new OEM stuff due to costs and I'm struggling to find any pattern parts.Does anyone know if I can use parts off any other models or newer GSX models, or suggest where I can find good, well priced, replacements?

thanks,

Mark
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

iCraig
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:04 - 31 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the GSXR750/600 Shock will go in without modification and is better, and has more adjustment.

As for front suspension your only option is to fit progressive springs.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bish777
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:54 - 31 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

front forks from GSXR models can be made to fit also.

But the progressive springs are the cheapest and easiest option.
____________________
GSXR1100J
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:38 - 31 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig- wrote:
I think the GSXR750/600 Shock will go in without modification and is better, and has more adjustment.
.


Any year? found a few on Ebay from '99 - 02 spec.

Mark
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

iCraig
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:46 - 01 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

marki wrote:
Craig- wrote:
I think the GSXR750/600 Shock will go in without modification and is better, and has more adjustment.
.


Any year? found a few on Ebay from '99 - 02 spec.

Mark


It would be the earlier ones, the FL - FM etc.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 66 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 1.1 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 44.16 Kb