 Delvard Traffic Copper

Joined: 22 Jul 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:59 - 31 Jul 2005 Post subject: Clutch problem today with my Yamaha TW125 |
 |
|
Set of for the gym early this morning. Approached the first junction, stopped, safety position etc etc. turned right no problems. 2 mins later 2nd junction. Drop through the gears...but the bike enters neutral. And stays there. I couldn't get it into 1st or any gear. Tried 7-8 times, I'm just about to park up....and it goes in. I set off, everything is fine.
I carry on to the gym about 15 mins away and it doesn't miss a beat. I park up, put the bike in neutral and try to enter 1st just to 'see'. Does the same again. Can't get it into 1st. Cobblers
Come out of the gym an hour n'a half later, start the bike, set off and not a problem the whole way home.
2 further things that might help a diagnosis. It was throwing it down with rain. Sometimes I have had problems getting it into neutral but have thought it was me and my 'learner ways'.
But this was different I couldn't see any reason why it wouldn't go in gear.
Thanks for any input.
Andy  ____________________ A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness; but still will keep A bower quiet for us, and a sleep Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing. |
|
 TheShaggyDA Repost Police

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
|
 Delvard Traffic Copper

Joined: 22 Jul 2005 Karma :     
|
|