 getyerkneedow... Trackday Trickster

Joined: 25 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:50 - 11 Aug 2005 Post subject: IL4 400cc racing? |
 |
|
Does anyone know the name of any championships within the UK which race in-line 4 400cc bikes (CBR400RR, ZXR400 etc)?
I have an old one which im currently doing up, and am toying with the idea of getting into racing, just not sure if there are any championships for this class - id presume there is.
Any comment, advice, tips etc much appreciated.
Cheers.  |
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:53 - 11 Aug 2005 Post subject: Re: IL4 400cc racing? |
 |
|
There are many championships.
Pretty much every club runs a 400cc class.
Normally I would say do some trackdays first, but you can't, unless your licence got 'lost in the post' (as you have to show your licence when going to trackday.)
Not having done any trackdays, I would definitely not want to start racing at this time of the year - as the first you'll see any other riders is probably as they shoot past you, lapping you .
Track riding is pretty different to road riding.
I ride with www.bemsee.net, but there's plenty of others out there.
New Era, Derby phoenix are two other, more northern, biggish clubs to look out for. |
|