Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Rant:- Who do they think they are?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Ninja
Caption Abuser



Joined: 22 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:16 - 11 Aug 2005    Post subject: Rant:- Who do they think they are? Reply with quote

The general public ...

I used to have a Vespa PK100 (oy!) which I parked outside my terraced house - occasionally I'd catch somebody trying to park next it - moving it to get extra space!

I just saw a car park attendant shifting a 'ped by dragging it back on its stand to position it 'better' ...

Would they do it to a car? Push it back until they can park? A bike? So why on earth are 'peds fair game?
____________________
James
4 wheels transport the Body ... 2 wheels transport the SOUL
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:19 - 11 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a sensor alarm fitted..scare the buggers half to death! Or better still rig up some sort of electric shock device....and a CCTV camera from your house to record the action. Then sell the images to the internet and make some cash ££.
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Vespa
Traffic Copper



Joined: 12 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:20 - 11 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

.

Last edited by Vespa on 14:50 - 01 Nov 2005; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sadie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:21 - 11 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some scooter commuter actually moved my Bandit yesterday.

I suspect he won't do it again! Silence
____________________
With experience comes age.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:27 - 11 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadie wrote:
...scooter commuter actually moved my Bandit...he won't do it again! Silence

...and possibly not be able to father children?
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:29 - 11 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I have had to move a scooter in town on one occasion.

It was a tatty looking red thing who had squeezed into the bay and parke right up against my left hand side so I was unable to stand my bike up to get it out without knocking over said ped. So I moved it.

But to move a bike/ped just to make some extra room? Not fair!
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sadie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:32 - 11 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

map wrote:
Sadie wrote:
...scooter commuter actually moved my Bandit...he won't do it again! Silence

...and possibly not be able to father children?


Laughing

I am taking the fifth on this one on the grounds that I may incriminate myself!
____________________
With experience comes age.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:35 - 11 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I park my machine in a shared res. parking area when I'm home.
I try to park right at the end so's dumkunts in cars don't whack it when they try to park.
This wee wumin knows I park there when I'm home but always parks in that 'my special 'space if the bikes not there, and if it's there she parks dead close. I have asked her but I think she just forgets that's all.
Lets face it, we're only dickheads on bikes as far as some other road users are concerned.
I think anyone moving my bike is welcome. It weighs a ton. But I'd never move a ped to squeeze into a bay that's shite. I had a ped.
Don't know what the law says about moving private property.
If legally parked I'd think wardens can't touch.
Tie a big phuque off Doberman to the front wheel.
____________________
W-ireless A-rtificial L-ifeform L-imited to O-bservation P-eacekeeping and E-fficient R-epair
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

LustyLew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:45 - 11 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the small number of scooter riders that take the piss give them all a bad name.

The number of times I've seen scooters rammed into the smalles of gaps making it impossible for others to get their scooters/bikes out. Oh, that and the silly number of them without tax! It's only bloody £15! Next thing you'll know, there'll be a bay for each bike! Bet we'll be charged parking then!
____________________
Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:57 - 11 Aug 2005    Post subject: Re: Rant:- Who do they think they are? Reply with quote

Ninja wrote:
I just saw a car park attendant shifting a 'ped by dragging it back on its stand to position it 'better' ...


Think that is an offence. "Interfering with a motor vehicle". Cannot find a guide of the penalties or the exact restrictions, but loads of cases of people being done for it.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 53 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 1.21 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 66.93 Kb