Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


NCB - No Claims Bonus question...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Method
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:41 - 10 Aug 2005    Post subject: NCB - No Claims Bonus question... Reply with quote

Ok, the deal is im 18 years old, ive been riding now for 2 years. I have had insurance for bikes now for two years running. I thought this meant that i have 2 years ncb clocked up...

I went to a website to get an insurance quote, entered my age, and my NCB... and they said "You cannot have 2 years No Claims Bonus, you can only begin to earn no claims bonus' from 17years old"...

So does this mean that i infact only have 1 years no claims? Or what?
____________________
CBT Aug '03 ... Gilera GSM 50 ... Honda NSR 125 Aug '04 ...
Full Test Dec 04... Suzuki GS500 Jan 05... Suzuki SV650 Mar 07... Gixxer 6 K5 May 08... Oh and my 'Rado Wink
My Bikepics.com - No Brakes, No Gears... No Fear.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:45 - 10 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have 2 years NCB mate.

On line qoutes are shit.

EDIT/ Unless I'm wrong. Laughing I've never heard the 17+ rule before.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bomberman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:48 - 10 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

flip wrote:
You have 2 years NCB mate.

On line qoutes are shit.

EDIT/ Unless I'm wrong. Laughing I've never heard the 17+ rule before.

Not sure on the 17 bit (although I'd have thought it would be OK) but I would echo the "online quotes are shit". 'Cos they are Thumbs Down Wasting your time mate.
Would the 17 thing not be for cars?
____________________
'Allo! My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!
'89 TZR 125 - '94 GPZ500s - ZK3 GSXR600 Alstare Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:39 - 10 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Never heard of a rule about needing to be 17 to get NCB, and I think loads of people on here have got ncb from when they were 16.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mrchips
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:40 - 10 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the same boat as you with 2 years NCB, clocked since 16.
____________________
Northern Irish? www.nibikers.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mal
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 31 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:27 - 11 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's a car site then it's correct, as you can't start driving a car on the road until you're 17. If it's a bike quote site (or a form that is used for bikes and cars) then I'd email the company and let them know, as you can ride a bike on the road at 16. If in doubt phone them and get your quote there (though personally I prefer the Net as no hard sell from the salesperson!!).

Cheers

Mal
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Craggles
Traffic Copper



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:52 - 11 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phone them up Thumbs Up

Motorcycle Direct's online insurance quote tells me I can't ride a bike over 250cc.

Craig
____________________
If this signature is blue, you're riding too fast
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Method
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:05 - 11 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craggles wrote:
Motorcycle Direct's online insurance quote tells me I can't ride a bike over 250cc.

lol not just me then Rolling Eyes Laughing
____________________
CBT Aug '03 ... Gilera GSM 50 ... Honda NSR 125 Aug '04 ...
Full Test Dec 04... Suzuki GS500 Jan 05... Suzuki SV650 Mar 07... Gixxer 6 K5 May 08... Oh and my 'Rado Wink
My Bikepics.com - No Brakes, No Gears... No Fear.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:39 - 11 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craggles wrote:
Phone them up Thumbs Up

Motorcycle Direct's online insurance quote tells me I can't ride a bike over 250cc.

Craig
Thumbs Up

I'm s.t.u.p.i.d. and that's what I'd do.
____________________
W-ireless A-rtificial L-ifeform L-imited to O-bservation P-eacekeeping and E-fficient R-epair
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 53 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.82 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 62.64 Kb