Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Mobile Bacon Handguns

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:24 - 13 Sep 2005    Post subject: Mobile Bacon Handguns Reply with quote

I think I just got done by one of these this morning.

I was in the right hand lane, overtaking a van at about 50 in a 40, when I saw this guy in a yellow jacket pointing the gun at me, I dropped my speed to 40 and hid in front of the van... Do they pull you if you've been speeding or do I have to wait and check the post?

Another question,

What do I have to do with my license when I change address? Thanks

Toby
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:45 - 13 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Think they normally pull you up immediatly, but don't think they have to.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:52 - 13 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a bunch of tossers, hopefully I was too close to the van for them to tell but oh well Sad

Could be my first 3 points :'(
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:14 - 13 Sep 2005    Post subject: Re: Mobile Bacon Handguns Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:


What do I have to do with my license when I change address?


Change the address on it. Read the paper bit.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kal9001
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:47 - 13 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thaught you ment some chav in a yellow trakki set was trying to shoot you Neutral guess the copper is thebetter option then...nicr to see the bright side Razz
it is my belif they pull you over when its a Patrol or a radar trap, unless they had a camera there as well...
if they didnt pull you over then id suspect there would be a Volvo flashing you down about 4 miles further down anyway...
____________________
Anyone stupid enough to think we will drag a load of wooden horses full of soldiers into our city is certanley stupid enough to drag all of ours into theirs!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:49 - 13 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, looks like I got away with it this time... Pity it's a 40 that road... It should be a 60 Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:08 - 13 Sep 2005    Post subject: Re: Mobile Bacon Handguns Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:

What do I have to do with my license when I change address? Thanks

Toby


photocopy it , get your test certificates ready hold your breath then send it to the DVLA , if you recall a couple weeks back watchdog had a programme about bikers having their bike entitlement cancelled when they send them in for license updates
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kal9001
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:48 - 13 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo that sounds bad...what do i do when i need to have my <33BHP removed? just send it in with a latter explaining what the deal is...or will theybe smart enough to see it?
____________________
Anyone stupid enough to think we will drag a load of wooden horses full of soldiers into our city is certanley stupid enough to drag all of ours into theirs!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:41 - 13 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

KAL9000 wrote:
it is my belif they pull you over when its a Patrol or a radar trap, unless they had a camera there as well...
if they didnt pull you over then id suspect there would be a Volvo flashing you down about 4 miles further down anyway...


Friends got done for speeding on the motorway. Police saw them but pulled over someone else. They got a visit at home a few days later.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RobB
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 29 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:49 - 13 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would think you'd be ok.

If it was a 40 limit, and your speedo said 50, you're probably nearer a real speed of 40-45ish. Very unlikely that you'd get prosecuted for that. "Your honour, the wreckless CG owner was doing almost 4 miles per hour over the limit.....". Unless the copper had a very, very slow day, or had something personal against you. However, you said you were overtaking at the time. As long as it was safe...... Wink

I occasionally see these guys in St Albans, down one of the 30 roads I use from my flat to the nice long A-roads. It's always been my "pit lane" as the bike's still warming up, and I NEVER get over 30 in these roads anyway (schools, houses, parked cars, pubs etc.). The copper was pointing at everyone, and I'd seen him way before it got to be my turn. As I came into range, he seemed to perk up a little bit, like he expected the bike to be going too fast. Then the poor little fella's shoulders slumped, as I no doubt registered 29.9 or something equally annoying. Made me smile all the way to the A-road, which I may or may not have then speeded on. Very Happy
____________________
- Yeah, you know the type, loud as a motorbike, wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight.
- The only thing I learned from love, was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you.
- If I don't meet you no more in this world, I'll meet you in the next one, don't be late.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GearboxGeezer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:01 - 13 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure it wasnt a hitman trying to kill you? If I was you id flee to Germany
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

krebsy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:51 - 13 Sep 2005    Post subject: Bear in mind... Reply with quote

Report in the paper today stated that a high proportion of the guns are not calibrated and could show 20+ MPH more than you are doing!.

Then again, my mate's dad's mate build one of the first cameras and when the fuzz pulled him over he took them to court when they tried to ticket him. They hadn't ket the gun calibrated, the readings were well out of whack and he got off scott free.

K.
____________________
What's my New Year's resolution?

1280 x 1024.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 20 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.07 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 73.81 Kb