Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Drink and riding?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

iCraig
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:01 - 29 Oct 2005    Post subject: Drink and riding? Reply with quote

Dunno if this was asked on here a while ago but I am just after peoples opinions on this subject.

I personally say to myself if I have any alcohol at all I don't ride at all till the next day/morning, even if its just one!

So what do you do, have 1 or 2 and still ride or are you like me and not touch a drop if you need to ride etc?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

riichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:04 - 29 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never drink and ride.........i even try not to ride in the morning..untill 12 hours has pasted......


remember never drink and drive kids.................take LSD and fly Thumbs Up Mr. Green
____________________
.......... PLOD ............ zx636 2004
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Yeti
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 02 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:12 - 29 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wont have a drop if i have to ride i may have a pint at lunch time if im riding in 3 hours or so but i wont have a pint and then get on the bike.

It just takes the edge of enough for you to loose concentration in that split second that may mean life or death. IMO
____________________
Lifes a Beach!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Type_Mo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:19 - 29 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont drink... Aint i a good boi Mr. Green
____________________
- Typhoon ?0 - Yamaha DT125R - Aprilia SR125 - Yamaha DT125R - Honda Hornet 600 -
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:41 - 29 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like corona and lime Shocked
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:54 - 29 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most I have is one pint but that's rare these days. I like to be 100% on the bike.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:56 - 29 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 pints and a line of coke, but no more. Wink

Not on a bike, no drinking at all. It's dangerous enough as it is.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Reevo8
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:12 - 29 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
I like corona and lime Shocked


Affirmative, ya just cant beat a lager lime combo.
____________________
05 ZX10R, (**05 WKR) Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:30 - 29 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

And no i dont drink and ride Shifty
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LUXY DJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:36 - 29 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

iv had a pint then got on my 172 runner Laughing but also been a few times iv parked near a bar/clubby place & if i start on a 2nd pint then i run bike round corner 2 outside my sisters house then go back & DRINK IT UP Mr. Green

just depends what the vibes like in there
____________________
GSXR750
(FAR FAR from standard) www.gixerjunkies.net
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tokarev
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:41 - 29 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had 1 pint and then got on the bike and gone home, but that was after a little gap between the drinking and then the riding.

I don't drink and then ride anymore though. If a mate at uni wants a drink in the union bar then I'll have a coke rather than a beer, as I would be riding later.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

california_rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:50 - 29 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most I've had was a couple glasses of ale over a friendly game of pool. Rode home a little more paranoid than normal, but otherwise fine.
____________________
https://www.bikepics.com/members/californiarookie/04gsxr600/
https://www.myspace.com/spapadillion
https://steamcommunity.com/id/spapadillion
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

kath600
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:17 - 29 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammyboy wrote:
McGee wrote:
I like corona and lime Shocked


Affirmative, ya just cant beat a lager lime combo.


please tell me you mean a lime wedge and not cordial in a corona Rolling Eyes Wink

i may have a very weak shandy if there is a pub stop on a ride out but normally its a pint of soda water Rolling Eyes

as for drinking the night before, i don't get hammered but i will have a few , just don't go out on the bike first thing Razz
____________________
Seven days without laughter......... makes one weak.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:20 - 29 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have one and ride, but I try and wait a little while before I get on the bike. It does give you more confidence which isn't really a good thing.

I'd never have more than one and get on the bike, that's just asking for trouble.
____________________
'90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:41 - 29 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero, if I'm out on the bike I'll be on Red Bull/Cola/Juice all night.

If I know I'm going riding the next day, I'll only have a beer or two the night before.

Strange, I used to be the usual kind of Student-Binge-Drinker when there was any reason for a night out; now it's just down the pub twice a week or so, not drinking at all some nights.

Now where did I leave my slippers..........
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Aikman666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:48 - 29 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rat arsed last night...Came in, played motogp...Managed to kill a few people im sure, but after a couple of minutes i became more aware and done a shit hot lap....Then fell asleep....Still won though! Thumbs Up

Then passed out in bed and left my MP3 player on all night Laughing
____________________
Will work for petrol
My Design Blog
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kawakid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:43 - 29 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will have 1 pint if driving, the rest coca cola.

I would never ride after having a pint.
____________________
I've a twin and a 4.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TL666
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:30 - 29 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've taken to riding a pushbike home from work cos I like to stop at the off licence to get a couple of cans on the way home. Its difficult to drink whilst riding me TL.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:33 - 29 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a couple, more if I'm after some confidence for the ride home. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:34 - 29 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill only have a max of 3 if im riding
____________________
Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:15 - 29 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kath a wedge dont worry Wink

Cordial Sick
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

romperstomper...
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:05 - 29 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and a mate go for a ride daytime and will stop at a couple of pubs ,2 pints stella ....

Have gone on the piss a few times got shit faced then rode to my girlfriends in the next town ,sure I ride better when pissed I really learn in to those corners ,although reaction times are slowed !

Always regret doing it the next day its really not worth losing your licence for !
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:12 - 29 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't go on the bike if I've taken any alcohol, no matter how much I want to. It's not a case of thinking I'll crash it, more that I'm a lightweight (in drinking terms and weight wise) and any alcohol in my bloodstream will put me over the limit. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:49 - 30 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went out last night, only had about 5 and a JD and coke. Rode home fine. Twisted Evil
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SoND
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:53 - 30 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd only have the one drink and ride but that's only if I'm not going out for a proper ride. On a proper ride I like to be 100%.

Drink driving is a fucking stupid and bad idea.

There's too many dangerous idiots on the road without them being pissed aswell.
____________________
Go back to bed - You have no rights - "Streetfighters ~ Mainstream motorcycling's crackwhore sister."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 342 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.15 Sec - Server Load: 0.79 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 129.19 Kb