 iCraig World Chat Champion
Joined: 05 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:33 - 29 Oct 2005 Post subject: Superdream Chatter? |
 |
|
Just wondering about the engine on my Superdream, well CB450DX to be exact.
Its making a slight chattering noise, and not being used to this bike I am not sure what it should sound like, its not a knocking noise, just a continuous chattering/whirring noise.
Should I be worried? Bare in mine the camchain has recently been adjusted and deemed fine as far as I know.  |
|
 muddycoffee Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 18 Aug 2005 Karma :  
|
|
 stinkwheel Bovine Proctologist

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
|
 Kram World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 10:18 - 01 Nov 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
most probably running normally, just being a noisy cam chain (with all superdreams) just be rather careful as an overtight camchain (trying to get rid of the chatter) can snap tensioners (and that's not good ) ____________________ FS1E -> SR125 -> CB400N -> CB650 -> FZR600 Genises -> VFR400 NC21 -> CBR900RR Fireblade -> Renault Clio 1.4 |
|